Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Adele-84
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-03-2009, 06:13 PM

Wormer making Maisy sick again??

When we got Maisy 3 months ago, we gave her wormer (milbemax) from the vet, she had sickness and the runs for a couple of days. Now 3 months on she was due her next dose, she was given it on saturday and today she has been sick 3 times, and has a runny tummy again
Last time it happened within a few hours of having the tablet.
But this time it taken 48hrs, do you think it is still the wormer, or just coincidence??
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2009, 07:49 PM
Did you tell the vet she`d had a bad reaction? If not, make sure it`s on her records. There are other types.
My spot-on flea stuff does roundworm so I don`t have to worm my dogs.
Hope she`s feeling better now.
Adele-84
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-03-2009, 07:53 PM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
Did you tell the vet she`d had a bad reaction? If not, make sure it`s on her records. There are other types.
Yeah I told the vets, but they said it was probably as she was so young and small, she was only 2kgs the first time, now she is 4.6kgs, so she still has the small up to 5kgs dose. Dont think she is feeling better, she is very sleepy and sad looking
janie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2009, 11:46 AM
I have the same thing with drontal plus with one of my dogs.. used panacur granules this time round.. (mixes in with their food) with no ill effects at all.
phil2009
Dogsey Junior
Male 

03-03-2009, 01:02 PM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
Hi

We used the spot-on flea stuff when our pheobe was last treated it treats all the worms apart from one witch I can’t remember witch one it doesn’t treat. It worked well one Pheobeit cost me around £7 but it does depend on the size of your dog to what you pay.
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2009, 01:28 PM
Originally Posted by Adele-84 View Post
Yeah I told the vets, but they said it was probably as she was so young and small, she was only 2kgs the first time, now she is 4.6kgs, so she still has the small up to 5kgs dose. Dont think she is feeling better, she is very sleepy and sad looking
Being small should make no difference. Some wormers don't suit some dogs. I've found it myself. Two of mine can't use Drontal Plus, it makes them vomit. All of them are okay with Panacur Paste. Krystal's pups have been wormed fortnightly since two weeks and you can imagine how small two week Chi pups are (they were 4oz newborn) but doseage goes by the weight of the dog so size shouldn't make a difference. I gave them Drontal Puppy Suspension and they have been fine with it.

I would definitely try another wormer. In my experience Panacur Paste seems pretty good and covers all worms likely to cause a problem in this Country.

Two of my Chis are 2.2k fully grown and I use Drontal Plus for both of those without any side-effects at all. So this wormer might be okay too.

Hope she's okay when you next worm her, bless her.
valandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2009, 02:33 PM
Ive had exactly the same problem with my puppy, so ive decided to change from Milbemax to Drontal. See how she reacts with that one in 3mths time.
Fred&Mya'smum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2009, 03:18 PM
My 2 were the same with Drontol but no probs on Milbemax.. Weird how they all differ
Hope she's better soon xx
Adele-84
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-03-2009, 06:55 PM
She is still a poorly girl today, she is drinking ok which is good, but she has hardly touched any food, and even turned her nose up at her fav treats
She has not been sick today, just off her food. Odd thing is she has been going round licking the carpet, I have left her dinner down in case she wants it, but she is just ignoring it, and if I try to give her anything else she just take. so really odd that she is licking the carpet!
Will take her into vets tomorrow if she is still not showing any signs of improvement
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2009, 06:59 PM
I always use panacur 10% liquid, never had any of my dogs take a bad reaction to it, I have also used it on both my litters of pups from 14 days old, again no bad reactions to it.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >