Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-10-2010, 07:30 AM
Originally Posted by tillytheterrier View Post
Right, we'll pencil in 27th November as that seems a popular date. All we need now is a place. Is there anything people would rather not do, like water etc.
And Pidge, my little fluffy bunnykins. Im puckering up just for you!
Whoo hooo

Oh and, no water? You do realise Woody will be coming??

Ha. I'm easy. Will be travelling from West Oxfordshire but will prob tie it in with a stop over at my bros in Horsham.
tillytheterrier
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-10-2010, 07:37 AM
Ok guys. Have checked out and got a route for Angmering Park Estate and it looks lovely. Printed a map so will try and check the walk out before. We can start from a local pub so sat nav users should be able to find it. Is that ok with you guys?
wilbar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-10-2010, 08:12 AM
Ok guys. Have checked out and got a route for Angmering Park Estate and it looks lovely. Printed a map so will try and check the walk out before. We can start from a local pub so sat nav users should be able to find it. Is that ok with you guys?
I know the area really well & am happy to act as "guide".

What would everyone like to know about the place? It can be muddy if we get a lot of rain beforehand & one of the footpaths goes through the parkland where there's a pond. I'm not sure about loads of dogs swimming in it because it's full of what look like coi carp but a refreshing paddle should be fine.

Most of the area goes through woodland & there's deer & squirrels, but the deer know the land & I very much doubt a dog could catch them! If you're lucky you can see the white stag & his harem.

The best place to park is at the end of Dover Lane, which is marked on the map, where there's a big car park. We can also end up at the Woodman's Arms, a lovely friendly pub which does good, home-cooked food & has a dog-friendly garden but unfortunately dogs aren't allowed inside. The Dover Lane Car Park is only about 15 mins walk from the pub, so if your dogs can be left in the car, we could always collect cars & go for a bite to eat. The pub car park is not huge & I think I'd feel a bit awkward if lots of us parked there & then left our cars for several hours while we walked the dogs. But I'm sure it could be arranged if that's what people would like to do & of course it depends on the time of day.

Alternatively, what we often do on walks is to take thermos flasks & make tea/coffee at the end of the walk & I can probably persuade my mother to provide some home-made cakes. (That could apply whatever the venue).

Or there's always Ashdown Forest? Lots of streams to splash around in, several pubs in the area, heathland & forest walks.

Or I know lots of walks over the South Downs, Chanctonbury, Cissbury, Kithurst, Lancing Ring ~ & these walks can all be joined together for longer walks. But can be a bit breezy on top of Downs so will depend on weather.
tillytheterrier
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-10-2010, 09:09 AM
Originally Posted by wilbar View Post
I know the area really well & am happy to act as "guide".

What would everyone like to know about the place? It can be muddy if we get a lot of rain beforehand & one of the footpaths goes through the parkland where there's a pond. I'm not sure about loads of dogs swimming in it because it's full of what look like coi carp but a refreshing paddle should be fine.

Most of the area goes through woodland & there's deer & squirrels, but the deer know the land & I very much doubt a dog could catch them! If you're lucky you can see the white stag & his harem.

The best place to park is at the end of Dover Lane, which is marked on the map, where there's a big car park. We can also end up at the Woodman's Arms, a lovely friendly pub which does good, home-cooked food & has a dog-friendly garden but unfortunately dogs aren't allowed inside. The Dover Lane Car Park is only about 15 mins walk from the pub, so if your dogs can be left in the car, we could always collect cars & go for a bite to eat. The pub car park is not huge & I think I'd feel a bit awkward if lots of us parked there & then left our cars for several hours while we walked the dogs. But I'm sure it could be arranged if that's what people would like to do & of course it depends on the time of day.

Alternatively, what we often do on walks is to take thermos flasks & make tea/coffee at the end of the walk & I can probably persuade my mother to provide some home-made cakes. (That could apply whatever the venue).

Or there's always Ashdown Forest? Lots of streams to splash around in, several pubs in the area, heathland & forest walks.

Or I know lots of walks over the South Downs, Chanctonbury, Cissbury, Kithurst, Lancing Ring ~ & these walks can all be joined together for longer walks. But can be a bit breezy on top of Downs so will depend on weather.
Got a map online and it looks a lovely walk. We could either start in Angmering village or start at the dover car park, stopping at the woodmans on route! But if you know the route well, am more than happy for you to be guide for the day. I'll probably get everyone lost! OOh Im getting all excited about it now! Is the 27th ok for you?
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-10-2010, 09:19 AM
All sounds good to me. Just tell me when to be there and where.
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-10-2010, 09:21 AM
Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
Anyone will do, I'm not picky ;o)

I'll snog ya Pidge - but no tongues

The Angmering place sounds lovely & is just about on my radar (I've heard of it but never been)
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-10-2010, 09:36 AM
Can you arrange one for the 1st weekend in October 2011 PERLEEEESE as we are coming down Sussex way to stay in Helena54's van. Its such a long way for us so we would love a dogsey walk!!
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

17-10-2010, 09:40 AM
Right, Im gonna do it. Im gonna try and organise a South coast Dogsey walk. Just want a rough idea of numbers and who's free when. Would probably be somewhere in Sussex. All ideas welcome. And Claire and Helen, you are ordered to attend!
Sorry definately can't do it this year but I'm sure it'll be a great success and if you go on to make it a regular thing next year I might be able to make it.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-10-2010, 10:15 AM
Originally Posted by MerlinsMum View Post
Aww shame I'm not on the south coast any more - West Sussex has to be one of my favourite places on earth for dog walks, I miss it!

So many different great walks there from Emsworth to Bosham, Kingley Vale, Beacon Hill (aka The Trundle) and plenty of ancient forests.

Just make sure there are masses of pics, some of the landscape and woodlands please not just the dogs!

PS: My avatar pic there is Merlin sitting in a field of flax we found near Woodmancote in June last year.
Know it well, it's just up the road from me, I think that one's near Steyning orSmall Dole isn't it? Fantastic woodland there!

Originally Posted by wilbar View Post
I'm up for it too & well done for suggesting & organising.

There's loads of lovely walks in Sussex. Does anyone ever walk on the Angmering Park Estate? It's on the A27 north of Littlehampton & really easy to find. There's a big car park & you can walk for miles through woods & hardly see a soul. Lots of squirrels for dogs to chase too. In the spring the woods are a sea of bluebells & it's absolutely
beautiful.
Yes! I know it like the back of my hand because I used to ride in there day in day out! Hmmmm, think I might borrow somebody's horse for this one!!!

The local pubs are the Fox or the World's End, and then we go straight into the Estate just up the road where the underpass is, it's a great place to walk, and I know all the paths/tracks coz of my riding days! Plus it's only a 5 min drive for me!!!! Back here for coffee then!!!
fayeily
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-10-2010, 10:23 AM
would loved to have come but its a tad too far!
hope you have a great time!
will have to organise a Birmingham Dogsey meet up!
Page 4 of 17 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 > Last »