Our sister sites
Our sister sites
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-08-2012, 08:01 PM

Introduction to Tracking 26 Aug £25 Swindon

TRACKING & SCENTING INTRODUCTION

Along with my colleagues Rachel Pattison (Abbey Dog Training) and Marie Poole (Wiltshire Police dog trainer), I have organised some fun for you and your dogs.

What is the difference between tracking & scenting?

Tracking is where dogs are taught to follow the scent of footprints for people who are lost, burglars etc.

Scenting is teaching dogs to sniff out drugs and bombs etc.

What sort of dogs can learn to track or scent?

Whilst we commonly think of tracking dogs as being breeds like bloodhounds, and scenting dogs as being the spaniel types, all dogs are capable of learning. Of course, as with everything, some may pick it up quicker than others but that’s also often down to the handler (that’s you!) J

Dogs of all ages, breeds, shapes and sizes are welcome to join in the fun. The only stipulation is that your dog must be dog and human friendly!

Headed by Marie.

The lessons will be headed by Marie Poole. She has been a police dog handler for over 20 years, training dogs to find people (tracking) and drugs (scenting). For her degree in Canine Behaviour and Training, she trained her pet dogs to find hidden and buried body parts L! Marie is an experienced clicker trainer (as are Rachel and I) and we all strongly believe that we should give our dogs as many opportunities as possible to act out natural behaviours.

Where?

In the secure paddock area opposite Drove Vets, Croft Road, Swindon, SN1 4RW

When?

We are running 2 introduction days:

26th August

9th September

Time?

There will be 2 slots available on each day:

10.00am – 12.00pm

1.00pm – 3.00pm

Cost?

The cost will be £25.00 per dog for a 2 hour session.

How do I book?

Spaces are limited to 6 dogs per session so please let me know ASAP if you’d like to book a slot. You can Email me or call me on the details below. Payment will be due within a week of booking please.

After the intro?

When you have completed the introduction lesson, we will be offering a 4 week course. Because spaces are limited, details will primarily be given to those who attend the introduction lesson.

Don’t miss the fun!

We sincerely hope that you will come and join us for a new, fun and exciting experience for both you and your dog.

Donna McDonnell

Dog Behaviour Counsellor

Cert. Canine Psychology, Dip. Modifying Canine Aggression

The Drove Veterinary Hospital

252 Croft Road

Swindon

Wiltshire

SN1 4RW

Tel: Mobile 07974 724463

Office: 01793 522483

Email: behaviour@drovevets.co.uk