Our sister sites
Our sister sites
kazer
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-09-2009, 11:38 AM

Lady is learning!

Hi

Just wanted to say that Lady is learning basic commands.

She has a habit of walking round with whatever shoe she can find in her mouth, wagging her tail looking very pleased with herself, which can be quite endearing until you realise that one of the slippers we use for going out in the garden has disappeared.

Now when she picks a shoe up, I stand in front of her and say 'lady drop' and at first I would have to gently tug the shoe down to the floor until she dropped it, but now I only have to say 'drop' a few times and she does, and then I praise her.

My OH didn't believe it until I showed him last night three times in a row as he thinks that she just has mischief and madness in her head, not brains!

She is actually very clever and I am going to carry on doing little things with her.

Just need to get Robbie to realise that he can learn to do things instead of acting all soft and coy.

Karen
kazer
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-09-2009, 11:51 AM
I've just remembered - Robbie is learning!

When they come in from the garden or a walk, we wipe their feet with an old towel and as I work my way round Robbie's feet, he shifts his weight and lifts the next one up for me!

How could I forget my big black heffalump!