Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
chaospony
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-04-2012, 10:02 PM
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
I agree with labradork, wherever possible I like to follow nature. Nature designed dogs to eat from the floor and giraffes to eat from trees.

Having read extensively on this subject the Purdue study appeared to come out in favour of floor.

If I had a giant breed I might feed from a raised bowl however as nature did not design dogs this big, humans did!

Having experienced GD and GDV in two of my dogs and having breed predisposed to these conditions as you can imagine it is a subject which interests me.

Do what you think is best for your individual dog, that is all we can do.
See that was what I was saying (OH wants the raised bowls), unless the dog is much bigger than a wolf it should eat from the floor just fine as no one is going out and propping up wolf kills so they can eat. My OH might be getting a Irish Wolf Hound in the nearish future and with them I can see a reason to lift it, but with my GSP I don't as he can reach the floor easy enough and luckily he doesn't gulp his food.
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-04-2012, 12:21 AM
Always use raised food bowls and water bowls n the floor. Works for us.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2