View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
marleysmum
Dogsey Junior
Female 

22-04-2012, 12:38 PM

Anyone know much about Harringtons dog food?

just been looking into this harringtons range, it appears to be good, just wondered if anybody knows much about it? or has tried it? I've been trying to find some reviews on it.
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-04-2012, 01:29 PM
I was given some for free (2kg bags) & my dogs were ok on it as part of their mixed raw/dry diet.

The ingredients aren't organic which is what I prefer to feed, but it didn't upset their stomachs-mind you my lot will eat literally anything & have no problems !

It doesn't look too bad ingredient wise & not that expensive
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

22-04-2012, 01:39 PM
Originally Posted by marleysmum View Post
just been looking into this harringtons range, it appears to be good, just wondered if anybody knows much about it? or has tried it? I've been trying to find some reviews on it.
Have a look at Amazon ,they sell it and you will find reviews there too no doubt...
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-04-2012, 01:44 PM
I fed it to my two previous dogs and also to Rosie, my present dog. I use it with Butchers Tripe (I like to add wet food into the mix )

All my dogs have been fine on it. For me, it's easily available (pick it up from Tesco's) which is good because we have very few outlets here for dog food so choice is limited.
Lulusmum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-04-2012, 02:15 PM
I use it as a training tidbit. My lot love it.
greyhoundk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-04-2012, 03:18 PM
This used to be much better than it is now,used to have 26% meat meal in it and it now only has 14% but theres a lot worse you could feed.
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-04-2012, 04:40 PM
It's from the same company that makes Wagg but it's much better. I tried it with mine and the only problem I found was that the kibbles are very hard and my small dog didn't like the effort involved
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-04-2012, 07:02 PM
I tried it on mine earlier when we were car less for a while and they all lost weight.
K'Ehleyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-04-2012, 08:26 PM
I swapped from wainrights to this to try and save a bit of money but the loss of coat condition was very noticable after about a month. In Ishka hers became very dull and much less silky. I changed back to wainrights, coats are starting to go nice and smooth and shiney and again.
DoKhyi
Almost a Veteran
Female 

22-04-2012, 08:52 PM
I tried Sophie on both this and Wagg sensitive when I first got her. She did okay on both, but I didn't think the Harringtons was any better than the cheaper Wagg sensitive, though Harringtons has the higher amount of whatever meat source the food is named after. It is higher than 14% meat total though as it contains meat meal listed as well as the lamb/turkey meat meal. It used to be on both websites what was in it, which they said was a mix of turkey, beef and chicken if I remember correctly. Now I can't find it, but basically it is usually whatever they can get cheap.

The problem was not so much what went in as what came out - sloppy and smelly! To be honest, that was probably due to the grain source being mainly maize as she was nice and solid again on James Wellbeloved.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >