View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-04-2008, 07:34 PM

Bad/Mischievous/irritable (doggy) habits.

Ok, we have heard alot just lately about Collies and thier 'funny' ways, and being a Collie owner, I know, what 'little' habits they can develope.
Bruce is now 18 weeks and very much a watcher, over the last week he has developed a habit of staring at someone whilst they are eating, he's aware that he can not approach, so he waits and waits, then all of a sudden will give a bark.....which makes everyone jump. Another one is whilst I am on the computer he'll watch me, obviously I'm engrossed in what I'm doing, but he will stare for ages, then 'nip' my bum OUCH!!!!
I don't need advice how to deal with this, as that is being sorted, but it got me thinking, what habits, DO, or DID your little doglets do.....if any.
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-04-2008, 07:44 PM
Molly used to fart then look at Me and get up and walk away and leave me to take the rap Harvey pull's the cushin's off the sofa. Rocco sit's and stares at you and as soon as you get up or even shift postiton he is there trying to get on your chair, so much so you have to sit on the floor.
Zoeybeau hog's the only rug then grumbles if you ask her to move, she clean's your inside of your ear's.
Lexi lean's on your leg's whilst standing then when you move she grumps at you.
Bonnie nips your hand's.
TJ nip's your bum.And charges through your leg's.
Sandy humps her back then skip's in front of you and you nearly break your neck.
Rinty would cr@p on your foot.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-04-2008, 07:55 PM
Originally Posted by zoeybeau1 View Post
Molly used to fart then look at Me and get up and walk away and leave me to take the rap Harvey pull's the cushin's off the sofa. Rocco sit's and stares at you and as soon as you get up or even shift postiton he is there trying to get on your chair, so much so you have to sit on the floor.
Zoeybeau hog's the only rug then grumbles if you ask her to move, she clean's your inside of your ear's.
Lexi lean's on your leg's whilst standing then when you move she grumps at you.
Bonnie nips your hand's.
TJ nip's your bum.And charges through your leg's.
Sandy humps her back then skip's in front of you and you nearly break your neck.
Rinty would cr@p on your foot.
Forgot that one Reah farts then looks straight at Skye, sniffs her and walks away. Skye looks very
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-04-2008, 08:07 PM
Flynn farts and looks at his own bum as if to say "what the hell was that?". He also has a passion for slippers and will pick them up, carry them around then bring them back to you.

Jed will come up behind you and jam his head between your knees which can be a nuisance if you are walking at the time!

Oh yeah, if you are stroking Flynn, he has a habit of grooming you back with his front teeth which is quite endearing but it also bloody hurts if he happens to catch your skin!
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-04-2008, 08:33 PM
Dougal comes over and sits his head on the couch cushion if I am sitting drinking tea and then sighs dramatically just so I know he is there.

He also has a thing for walking between your legs as you are walking if he thinks you might, on the off chance be going for a walk...even if you are just going to the kitchen....
queenwillow
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-04-2008, 08:56 PM
mine dont fart they are perfect

well bessey my first collie ,she would sit for hours staring at shadows on the wall ,no way could you distract her ,we would take her out ,on her return ,she would go straight back , to staring at shadows eventually she got over it .

dylan ,when im at my moms he will squeeze him self ,in bitween my self and my aunty (she is 80 ) he will not move if you put him on the floor ,he will wait a while and back he comes ,he just adores my aunty i call him the granny lover

willow no matter how much i have given that dog to eat ,when we arrive at my parents house ,she will go chargeing into the kitchen ,and riffle through the kitchen tops ,she shows me up looks like i dont feed her she once went into my moms .bag on wheels and she got her head stuck ,as there are allways biscuits in there as my mom has to carry them with her ,she got all panicky ,came running in the liveing room with the shopping bag stuck round her neck ,we laughed till we cried .

good thread steph ,i could go on and on
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-04-2008, 09:39 PM
Fudge is aclever little thing and has learned most commands very quickly. She did a speak in less than ten minutes......

However she has obviously decided that QUIET will not feature in her repertoire!!!!!

That is very annoying.
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2008, 07:45 PM
My old Kip didn't like certain noises - the micowave going 'ping', loud clapping/cheering and planes going overhead. On any of these noises he would run for his dumbell & shake it really hard and growl. Nearly scared my brother to death the first time he stayed with us as Kip's dumbell was by my brother's feet - he thought Kip was attacking him for a second

I'm sure it was just a game for Kip - when you put the microwave on, he'd go and get his dumbell and stand over it, just waiting for the 'ping' when it finished.

Hoki has a list as long as your arm, but one of them is a real addiction to splashing water, she just loves trying to catch it. You can entertain her for hours just by lying in the bath and ocassionally flicking water at her
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2008, 08:02 PM
Cassie comes down the stairs with me trying to grab my slippers. Not a good idea f you end up in a heap at the bottom.
She will sit with her head on the sofa staring at you if you're eating something she wants a piece of looking pathetic and starved.
She sticks her head in the shopping bags every time I bring the shopping in to see if there is anything there for her although won't actually take anything!
If you scratch her backside just above her tail, she does a little happy dance, bit like the highland fling
She also farts and looks around sniffing her bum as if to say WTF was that!
She has to have a glass of water in the bathroom and will go upstairs to drink from it even if she walks past her water bowl in the kitchen to get to it
She has to wake me up in the middle of the night to tell me she's been out for a wee. She has a dog flap so goes out on her own but wakes me to fuss her when she's been out!
I could write a book really
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2008, 08:05 PM
Ok another one for Bruce....this last two days, get the water bowl (full of water) in his mouth and throw it at Skye, only Skye is diving out of the way, so it all ends up down my kitchen cupboards. Three times today.................who's in the dog-house Bruce for throwing or Skye for moving
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >