Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Luz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-04-2008, 10:00 AM

Advice - Washing Machine

My washing machine has decided it wants to go for a walk, Im sure the reason is one of the arms which holds the drum in place must of snapped. Well the racket it makes is phenominal.
Is it a repairable thing or far cheaper nowadays to buy a new one?
Any advice would be great thanks
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-04-2008, 10:29 AM
Sorry, Laura, I have no idea but it sounds more like a replacement than a repair to me....
boobah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-04-2008, 10:32 AM
Hi Luz my oh is a service engineer for loads of the major manufacturers and is asking what type of machine it is,xxxxxx
Mcpherson
Dogsey Junior
Female 

27-04-2008, 10:32 AM
To be honest i would look up a couple of guys in the yellow pages and ask them - no harm in getting some approximate quotes and you can then look at comparing that amount to a new washing machine. I have to admit i was surprised at how reasonably priced some decent washing machiens are these days. I recommend Currys who also have a cover scheme where for only a couple of pounds they will cover your machine for the entire of its life. If something like what has happened to you happens, they send out a chap to repair it - FOR FREE, and if he can't, they give you a new machine.
Teddysmum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-04-2008, 01:30 PM
If you decide on a new one try Asda Electricals. Here is the one I purchased

Click here

It was roughly £90.00 cheaper than I could find it elsewhere. I ordered it on the Tuesday and it arrived on the Friday as agreed. That was three weeks ago and I love.

Mines the second one down the page.
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-04-2008, 01:50 PM
Laura, get a price for the repair just in case. The guy we use always says the older ones are better quality than what you can buy new. It may not be too much to fix.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-04-2008, 09:18 PM
Originally Posted by Luz View Post
My washing machine has decided it wants to go for a walk, Im sure the reason is one of the arms which holds the drum in place must of snapped. Well the racket it makes is phenominal.
Is it a repairable thing or far cheaper nowadays to buy a new one?
Any advice would be great thanks
Have no idea's hun, we have one at the moment that is an 'independant washer'.....means it makes up it own mind whether it washes or not. Yes you've guessed, we need a new one