Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

14-12-2007, 11:55 PM

A nice surprise

We sent my auntie an xmas card down to Aus as she goes there every year to see her son and grandkids. Well today less than a week later we got an email from her and our cusions thanking us for the card. He(my cusion) also said him and his son are starting to do our family tree and has asked for us to help, this is weird as I often thought the same but never did start, also I have never met his son as he was not born the last time I saw him and his daughter(20 years)
shiba
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-12-2007, 12:21 AM
I have often thought about doing one too, as my mothers maiden name is french and i have no idea why we have a french name.

Sounds really interesting, perhaps you could help each other out and do one together.
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-12-2007, 12:27 AM
Sounds great Phill. Someone from our family did one and it turned out we had distant relatives who used to live 2 miles away from where we live now!! That is from a family who all originated from the Midlands. It is so interesting to go back and find out who went before you.

Wishing you loads of luck in your quest.
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-12-2007, 01:00 AM
Love anything like this and for my oh's 40th Birthday his parents had done an album for him, with loads of old photo's & they had researched right back - very interesting! Good luck with yours Stormey x
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

15-12-2007, 01:04 AM
Originally Posted by Fudgeley View Post
Sounds great Phill. Someone from our family did one and it turned out we had distant relatives who used to live 2 miles away from where we live now!! That is from a family who all originated from the Midlands. It is so interesting to go back and find out who went before you.

Wishing you loads of luck in your quest.
Hey Stormey - Rach is stopping short of saying our distant relative (that lived in Warrington) was called.........(and I quote my brother's response)............."Billy fuXXin Boswell"
Colin
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

15-12-2007, 01:19 AM
My auntie did my family one and we all originated from Munster in Ireland and one of my relatives was Sir Christopher Wren who designed Saint Paul's in London.
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

15-12-2007, 11:09 AM
Originally Posted by Phil View Post
Hey Stormey - Rach is stopping short of saying our distant relative (that lived in Warrington) was called.........(and I quote my brother's response)............."Billy fuXXin Boswell"
Did he have any brother or sisters?