View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
finnigan31
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-01-2005, 05:27 PM
So why do some breeders register whites and some don`t?, why do some euthanise whites & some don`t.? why do breeders get away with killing pups at birth , Is KC aware of this or is that okay with them, who gave breeders the right to kill white pups?

Incidently anyone with the correct paperwork
( pedigree) could use them to register pups not actually born to the dogs named in the paperwork, doe`s the KC actually check out the pups before they can be registered?
maybe if breeders did register white pups the owners would be happier.
yvonne
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

25-01-2005, 07:17 PM
A lot of the well known breeders in Scotland dont euthanise their white pups. I have been looking at white boxers over the last 6 months and have found a lot of breeders that I would be able to purchase a white pup from.
Archer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-01-2005, 07:31 PM
Originally Posted by finnigan31
So why do some breeders register whites and some don`t?, why do some euthanise whites & some don`t.? why do breeders get away with killing pups at birth , Is KC aware of this or is that okay with them, who gave breeders the right to kill white pups?

Incidently anyone with the correct paperwork
( pedigree) could use them to register pups not actually born to the dogs named in the paperwork, doe`s the KC actually check out the pups before they can be registered?
maybe if breeders did register white pups the owners would be happier.
yvonne
Because as I said it is personal choice...something that whatever you'll do is not going to change
Rosievelvet
Dogsey Junior

25-01-2005, 07:40 PM
The point is being missed here.

If there is a white boxer dog club/society with its own rules and regulations and people want to register their dog with that club to enter the white boxer dog club/society shows or competitions or whatever, that is the point I am getting at.

It is completely immaterial what anyone thinks as people will think what they want anyway. It is the owners of these very special dogs that need to stand up and unite for what they believe and want to happen.

I think we should agree to disagree on this subject as it isnt getting anywhere.

Incidently anyone that has tried to contact me on the email address I gave out earlier - I am having problems with Yahoo - hopefully will get it sorted out. Will keep you all informed
finnigan31
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-01-2005, 09:19 PM
Because as I said it is personal choice...something that whatever you'll do is not going to change[/quote]

Oh so it is up to the breeder which pup lives and which don`t?
WHY DO SOME BREEDERS EUTHANISE WHITE PUPS?
WHO GAVE THEM THE RIGHT TO CHOSE WHICH PUP CAN LIVE?

yvonne
Nursey
Almost a Veteran
Female 

25-01-2005, 09:42 PM
What conserns me is that white Boxers are seemingly being promoted here, and that is a dangerous thing. The gullible unknowing public will tempted to add to the numbers if they are misled into thinking the white Boxer is 'special'.
I would think that currently most owners of white Boxers have them because they want them. Most of these owners will be well aware that the colour is non standard, and they could not win with these dogs, even should they want to. I do not however believe that white Boxers are in any way special or deserve special or additional registries. As has been said before they can be registered with the Kennel Club, nothing more is neccessary.

Have your fun dog shows, but a registry........for what purpose?

Dawn R.

PS I 've spent ages typing this post trying not to sound inflamatory, but not sure I've succeeded, but it's my opinion nevertheless.
Nursey
Almost a Veteran
Female 

25-01-2005, 09:53 PM
Yvonne, breeders that euthanase any puppy, does so with the very best of intentions. I don't believe it's something that any decent person would find easy.

The breeder has the right to do as they see fit, because the puppy is their property, and as such can be dealt with this way as long as humane methods are employed. I'm sure it's not something I could do, but I understand how and why it is deemed by some, to be neccessary.

Dawn R.
Roxy
Dogsey Veteran

25-01-2005, 10:17 PM
Originally Posted by Nursey
Yvonne, breeders that euthanase any puppy, does so with the very best of intentions. I don't believe it's something that any decent person would find easy.

The breeder has the right to do as they see fit, because the puppy is their property, and as such can be dealt with this way as long as humane methods are employed. I'm sure it's not something I could do, but I understand how and why it is deemed by some, to be neccessary.

Dawn R.
OMG we as humans do not have the right to kill.

Lets say for arguements sake that science proved that blonde children were the cause of deafness and that the government said from this day forward all blondes must be stoppped from breeding and any blonde babies born from red heads etc should be frowned upon. So your saying then it would be the right of the parents of any newborn blonde to be euthanased?

Because as far as Im concerned we are all Gods creatures and have a right to live.

Yes if a puppy was born with a terrible disablity that meant it would never have any kind of live then it would be kinder but to kill a healthy puppy just because it MIGHT be deaf is terrible.
CBT
Dogsey Senior

25-01-2005, 10:17 PM
I agree with you nursey.
The way I see it is that it would be much better for breeders to stop breeding whites in the first place, then they wouldnt feel the need to euthanise them.
Having a puppy you have bred put to sleep is not pleasant, I have had one puppy born with cleft palate which had to be put to sleep, I also had a puppy with megaesophagus which had to be put to sleep at the age of 3 weeks (it had not become apparent that the pup had a problem until it came to weaning time and the puppy couldnt digest its food the way the other pups could and as soon as I watched them eating from the dish I could tell the pup wasnt right compared to the others, it was the same with the cleft palate puppy it didnt look quite right when it was born it was smaller and weaker looking than the others, and the mother didnt seem as interested in it.

Now I could have bred from that particular bitch again, but chose not to as I didnt want to run the risk of producing any more puppies with faults.
Its hard enough trying to produce the best puppies you can, rear them to the age of 7-8 weeks and then find them good homes without having any substandard puppies on board.

Being a breeder involves making some tough decisions at times, and its important to make the right ones.

As far as white boxers are concerned my views are very rigid on this subject,
DONT breed them!
If a litter is born that has whites they should be KC regd and endorsed.

Simple solution you would think, but the message doesnt seem to sink in
Carole
Supervisor

25-01-2005, 10:21 PM
at least more and more breeders are listening
Page 4 of 14 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »