Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-01-2007, 07:41 PM

A mysterious Incident with Special K

Hubby has Special K every morning for brekky. There he was, chomping away this morning enjoying every morsel, when he suddenly found himself eating something a bit "alien" It was about the size of a grape he says, hard but not crunchy, and it didn't "pop" or burst, but definitely wasn't a cereal flake. He had 2 options, carry on eating whatever it was and swallow quick, or spit it out and see the offending object and if it was something really nasty, how could you cope knowing you had eaten the other half!!! This was a completely new unopened pack of Special K Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, glad I don't like the stuff!!!

They do a Special K with berries in don't they, and I'm wondering if one of the berries went awol and ended up in the packet of plain?? Rather him than me though,whatever it was!!!
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-01-2007, 07:46 PM
Oh no, a bug......
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-01-2007, 07:49 PM
Yeah, I'm thinking maybe a nice big fat juicy cockroach????? I've had to open the other new packet now, in case a relative found their way in there too!! I sooooooo wish I could find the beggar and show it to him!!!!!!
Toby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-01-2007, 07:50 PM
eeewwwwwwww, would put me off, something strange in in my special K
Kanikula
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-01-2007, 08:02 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Yeah, I'm thinking maybe a nice big fat juicy cockroach?????:shock: I've had to open the other new packet now, in case a relative found their way in there too!! I sooooooo wish I could find the beggar and show it to him!!!!!!
EEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-01-2007, 08:04 PM
Ugggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhh, doesn't bear thinking about
Luz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-01-2007, 08:16 AM
I found something alien in a tin of tuna once & sent it back to the manufacturer, I ended up getting vouchers from Princes for about 50 quid. Was eating tuna for years!
Katrina342
Almost a Veteran
Female 

10-01-2007, 08:19 AM
Yuk. I still think I would have spat it out though, but I know what you mean.

I remember hearing a tale many years ago about a woman who, after eating a bag of crisps, looked into the bag at the end of her munching to see a huge dried up spider at the bottom.

I must have learned about it during my formative years, because I still open the bag, shake them a bit and have a look in before I start to eat them!
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-01-2007, 09:05 AM
How horrible.
What's worse than finding a maggot in your apple... half a maggot!
DobieGirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-01-2007, 09:34 AM
If I find a anything alien in any food I tend to be put off that brand for life. Thanks for the spider crisps tip

I also dont buy sealed bananas after that poisoness spider jumped out and bit that guy.

Your right though Special K do do raisens and berrys and stuff now so must have just been a mix up.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >