View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Anne
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-07-2007, 12:58 PM
Hi all, Haven't been here for a while. Got the email about these obnoxious things and finally managed a few mins. Just to support this ban on these terrible, terrible things. I Know if anyone put one on my Millie she would die of fright. She's a bit yappy, but is so nervy. She's under my chair now shaking like a leaf because the window cleaner is here!!!. I'm so for banning these shock collars.
Best Wishes,

Anne W.
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-04-2008, 11:10 AM
My attitude is that if I wouldn`t use that method on a person, I wouldn`t use it on an animal. I understand there is a fairly vocal minority who argue for their use to prevent a dog a) approaching rattlesnakes and b) worrying sheep. There are other methods of dealing with these. Personally in Southend we don`t have a lot of sheep (or rattlesnakes) so we are well able to do without them. Remember - You used to get fairly intelligent people arguing FOR: slavery, bull-baiting, women not having the vote and children wearing backboards. Hopefully these lazy and cruel methods will go the same way.
MaryS
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-04-2008, 03:16 PM
Others have summed up the arguments well so no need to repeat. I am pro (total) ban.

Mary
jorjamae1
Dogsey Junior
Female 

21-04-2008, 03:24 PM
Yep, i totally agree with everyone on here, Total Ban!! Get rid of these awful horrid torture devices, these and pronged collars!
Bilclarie
Dogsey Junior
Female 

21-04-2008, 04:09 PM
I have never used an e-collar I don't think theres a need for them, if your dog is so out of control that you need to use an e-collar then you shouldn't be aloud to own a dog in the first place.
As someone else has mentioned it I will openly admit to using a pintch collar not a spiked or pronged as they are sometimes called but a pintch collar contry to disbelief they are much kinder than a check chain which are often used upside down and just choke the dog when it pulls causing in some cases serious neck damage.

Mo and the Gang
nero
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

24-04-2008, 05:15 PM
Ban them, and also ask the government to ban imports of them.
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
Female 

24-04-2008, 05:38 PM
Good one, Nero!
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2008, 03:31 PM
Ban ban ban ban!!!!
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

21-05-2008, 06:13 PM
Ban the bl@@dy things.

I see little Snorri-dog sitting in front of me, with trust and affection radiating from him, and wonder how anyone could even think of using one to hurt him, or any other dog. If your dog doesn't like you, you should be looking in the mirror for an explanation.

Snorri
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-05-2008, 09:28 AM
Total Ban.

I would never apply electricity to anything I loved, be it human or canine.
Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >