View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Adam P
Almost a Veteran
Male 

04-07-2010, 08:17 PM
I'm more than happy to train any dog of any breed to go off lead.

Just because you disagree with it doesn't mean its cruel, personnaly I wouldn't rehome a dog to an on lead life as I believe its unfair.

The dog in the video's owner was thinking of haveing her pts. So the e collar trainer probably saved her life.

I'm fairly blunt but then again I get results. I don't feel the need to make people like me so they'll feel happier about the training.

Adam
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-07-2010, 08:42 PM
Originally Posted by Adam Palmer View Post

Just because you disagree with it doesn't mean its cruel, personnaly I wouldn't rehome a dog to an on lead life as I believe its unfair.

The dog in the video's owner was thinking of haveing her pts. So the e collar trainer probably saved her life.

I'm fairly blunt but then again I get results. I don't feel the need to make people like me so they'll feel happier about the training.

Adam
I am sorry but not all dogs can or should go offlead... so again you are using the 'one size fits all' theory!
I wouldn't want you training my dogs though ta!
Adam P
Almost a Veteran
Male 

04-07-2010, 08:52 PM
Yes they can! I've trained setters (irish) to be off no problem.
Whats stopping people isn't the breed its lack of effective methods.

Adam
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

04-07-2010, 08:58 PM

Adam

When one inflicts pain on a living being , there is no difference of opinion, its cruel , simple as!!!

Adam
Well Adam, you will find most people think your effective methods are cruel, so as I said earlier, take the e.collar away from the trainer... whats do you have left!!!

Because from reading your responses on this and other forums, you seem to use the e.collar for a one size fits all!! and not a lot else!!
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-07-2010, 09:02 PM

Adam
Well, Irish setters aren't English setters!! Mine have to be in secure areas to be offlead, its a breed trait, not a fob off for lack of training, ask most people who own one... They do go off lead, if and when, but I like to use positive training to train my guys... oh I also have a Pointer and she is always offlead... because she always comes back positive training with her too!
Adam P
Almost a Veteran
Male 

04-07-2010, 09:04 PM
It's not pain. Pain cause dogs to vocalise and move away from the area rapidly. A working level stim will cause the dog to look around nothing more.

I use e collars for the things they are useful for. This includes off lead control, aggression (predatory and social) and confidence building. I find the majority of my work involves this to some degree.
I use them because they are the best (effective/humane) way to achieve the results. The results that will save the dogs life in many cases.

Adam
Adam P
Almost a Veteran
Male 

04-07-2010, 09:06 PM
Settagirl.

I disagree, you may not have been able to train them to recall but I'm sure I could. Positive methods aren't worth anything if they don't work.
Btw I know an english setter, belongs to a local dairy farmer. Always off lead. I doubt he's used an e collar or treats to train the dog.

Adam
akitagirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-07-2010, 09:07 PM
Akitas are another breed which can rarely be let offlead... stick an e collar on an Akita and they'll never trust being within striking distance of you again i reackon. They train through trust.
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-07-2010, 09:09 PM
Settagirl.

I disagree, you may not have been able to train them to recall but I'm sure I could. Positive methods aren't worth anything if they don't work.
Btw I know an english setter, belongs to a local dairy farmer. Always off lead. I doubt he's used an e collar or treats to train the dog.

Adam
Theres always a few exceptions to every rule I wouldn't let you near my dogs, I don't believe in your methods ta!
Adam P
Almost a Veteran
Male 

04-07-2010, 09:19 PM
Atikegirl

I'm afraid I have trained a few akitsa to recall with e collars. I found they were reasonably responsive (though still very much their own boss lol) and took to the training well.

Adam
Page 6 of 18 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 16 > Last »