Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

23-05-2005, 06:15 PM

Abe not well again

Came home from work earlier on and Abe was laying by front door-refusing to get up.He was panting his head off and shaking-which is what he was doing a month or so back when i had to rush him into vets.He hasnt been sick or diarohea and is very reluctant to move round the house.The last time he was ill,he apparently had caught an infection which made him very poorly.

I shot off to the vets with him and they checked him temperature which is quite high.They have given him an injection to lower his temp and have to see how he gets on tonight.Gotta take him back tomorrow morning for them to check him again and possibly stay in if he's the same or worse.

Just hoping it isnt the shadow on his liver which appeared on the x-rays the last time he was ill.The vet was unable to find out through blood tests if its serious or nothing.
Dinahsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2005, 06:22 PM
Poor Abe

Hope the vet finds out what the problem is and gets him on the road to recovery very soon.
Hayley SBT
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2005, 06:29 PM
ohh poor abe, steve i hope he gets real better soon, will be thinking of you!!

good luck
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2005, 06:29 PM
Oh poor Abe

I hope he feels better soon
Het
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2005, 06:41 PM
Oh poor Abe, I hope he feels better when the jab starts to work. Don't worry too much Steve - easier said I know- perhaps it is just an infection which can be treated. Give him a hug from all of us and take care of yourself as well
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

23-05-2005, 06:48 PM
At the moment he is laying in dining room and wont come in the lounge,but this isnt unusual as he normally keeps to himself when ill.I feel a bit useless at the moment because i cannot do anything to make him better.
Aileen
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-05-2005, 06:52 PM
Steve, sorry to hear about Abe, I think you just have to be there when he wants you. It's hard, especially as they can't tell you what's up

Hope his injection starts to work soon, let us know how he's doing (((HUGS))))

Aileen x
Ashlady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2005, 07:06 PM
Steve, poor Abe, I hope that things look brighter in the morning.

Just knowing that he's loved helps I'm sure, they pick up your vibes don't they? just being there is probably helping more than you realise
Natasha
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2005, 07:10 PM
Poor Abe hope the handsome lad is feeling better soon!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2005, 07:12 PM
Oh Steve, I'm so sorry to hear poor Abe is ill yet again. You are keeping his thyroid problem under control still with those tablets, so hopefully, this may be something he has picked up, like mine did last week. There are some awful things doing the rounds at the moment so I hear, most of the dogs I am meeting have been sick one way or another, but all have got over it in a few days.

I wish you all the very best with him at the vets tomorrow, give him a big (((hug))) from me and my babies. Poor boy, he's been through enough hasn't he. Take care, fingers crossed for you and Abe.
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 > Last »