Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tinnel
Dogsey Junior
Male 

08-03-2009, 09:39 PM
Originally Posted by Louise13 View Post
None are working dogs though?? Pastoral
how are they not working dogs? they have all ither done ajob and retired or they do a job? they work.

the work boxers were bred to do has in no way died out, maybe in the uk but on the stations in oz/S.A we always needed a good catch dog that could hold a bull

selective deafness? explain please.

a rottweiler was not bred to be a family pet, that is why to get a good working rottie in the uk is near impossible.
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2009, 09:40 PM
Any tips on training my Lab to attack? do they make good guard dogs? perhaps he will become more aggressive if I train him using Arabic commands?
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2009, 09:42 PM
we always needed a good catch dog that could hold a bull
Do you think a Lab would be capable of holding a bull? I do get slightly concerned about the possibility of one of the bulls from the local fields attempting to enter my back garden. So, perhaps training my Lab to hold a bull in the event of such a situation occurring is a good idea? yes?
dallys
Dogsey Junior
Female 

Originally Posted by youngstevie View Post
This is a load of tosh

I have rescue Border Collies....sorry don;t know if they have breeding issues, if they do they sure as hell ain't told me about them.

They are trained to to herd the 1000 herd of sheep I keep in my back garden, and send them next door to poo all over thier plants.
They are trained to hog the fire on cold night, and attack anything that I need protecting from....ie wild boar that keep trying to sneak in through the windows.

At the moment they have a huge bull by it's scruff and are trying to move it as it is obstructing the view of the TV

OMG seriously lmao at this
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

Originally Posted by youngstevie View Post

At the momment they have a huge bullby it's scruff and are trying to move it as it is obstructing the view of the TV
Funny you should mention huge bull I like this troll.......please stay cause you are funny and TV is dull tonight.
After you have finished with your tales of dog training, can you tell us the one about you dancing Swan lake in front of the queen......pleeeaaassseeee
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2009, 09:43 PM
Originally Posted by Tinnel View Post
the work boxers were bred to do has in no way died out, maybe in the uk but on the stations in oz/S.A we always needed a good catch dog that could hold a bull
However, we have precious few bulls that need to be caught here in the UK. Similarly, Boxers are used in Germany as police dogs, however, in the UK we tend not to use them this way.

My two are exceptionally good at fell walking, sofa hogging and running round like loonies. That is more than enough for me. I don't want a 'working' dog.
Collie Convert
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2009, 09:44 PM
well im sure iso will just nip across to oz so her boxers will get a good days 'work' lol
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2009, 09:45 PM
Originally Posted by labradork View Post
Actually, I trained them in German, cos' I thought that sounded all proper. Proper trainers use German commands.
Git in Himmel!!!! That is why my troupe of ballet-dancing slovakian wolf-dogs are not listenink to me.
Collie Convert
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

posted at same time iso!
greyhoundk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

What a load of b*****ks !
Closed Thread
Page 6 of 14 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 > Last »