View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Collie Convert
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2009, 09:08 PM
my dogs are agility dogs- quite a 'valid' reason for me- maybe not what they were bred to be but i for one enjoy it and so do my dogs-so that to me is a very good reason to do it!
as louise said- at least get your groups right!
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2009, 09:08 PM
I'm sure you're just here to add a bit of light entertainment for us.

Define 'valid purpose'. My dogs are rescue. They are my companions and are good for my health as they ensure I get regular fresh air and exercise as well as keeping me thinking and making me laugh on a daily basis. That's valid to me, but I guess not for you.

If by 'valid' you mean working - yes there are many on here - some working sheep, some game, some vermin control.

There are also some breeders on here, but not everyone breeds; there is a complete mixture of working/pet/show/rescue.
ATD
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2009, 09:09 PM
We all have different opinions most of us on here a pet owners so 20 commands is a high level in that respect.

And as for the head collar and check chains use properly no they are not cruel one of mine uses a head collar the other a half check chain

As for the breeding I dont but the as for the ppl on here that do they are constanly promoting haveing all the correct testing done if you bother to read past posts you will see that or are you just here to stir it a little?!

Oh and can you define most working breeds as that is rather a large blanket of breeds.
ATD
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2009, 09:09 PM
I suspect this a troll, but I'll answer this anway...

Labrodork: i am basing it on seeing dogs with shocking HD at younger ages even that that. have you ever seen a lab doing what it is bred for? try it one day...
As a matter of fact, I have, thank you very much. I gundog trained for two years with my current dog and went picking up weekly until my current schedule got little too crazy to cater for it.
colliemagic
Dogsey Junior
Female 

08-03-2009, 09:11 PM
I really dont think it is necessary for you to be so rude when replying to posts, there are other and better ways to get your points across.

I find the comments regarding peoples 'experienced with dogs' being compared to puppy peddlars very insulting and patronising. Just because some people are merely pet owners and not highly trained owners like yourself ! does not mean that their methods of training are wrong nor does it mean that yours are right. Many dogs have been ruined by 'experienced' trainers who think they know everything there is to know about dogs just because they train and work dogs.

Pet owners are not second class dog owners but people who love and care for their dogs without making money out of them by working them. Nothing wrong in that. In fact I would question whether you are what you say or if you are in fact a troll, given that your sole purpose on the site seems to be to annoy and upset people by writing deliberatly inflammatory statements!
Tinnel
Dogsey Junior
Male 

Originally Posted by Louise13 View Post
Funny how your profile says MOST WORKING DOGS but the ones you have mentioned are either Gundogs, Pastoral dogs....or mongrels??
that is current. i haveowned a slovakian bred german shep, 3 malinois, a ridgebackxrottie, all these were security dogs, i have worked and trained many american bulldogs and pits in different tasks.
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

I think it is the Romanian Princess again, you know the one that is dating the rock star
OH, good call! how is life in Romainia...sorry, England, in your country mansion?
mse2ponder
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2009, 09:13 PM
Originally Posted by Tinnel View Post

strange, noone has commented about what i said about breeding. guilt maybe? does anyone on here use their dogs for a valid purpose?
There are a lot of badly bred dogs out there - I don't think anyone on here would dispute that. Some might dispute that showing has anything to do with it, but I don't.

Ours work alongside hawks, don't know if you'd consider that 'valid', but they certainly do!
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2009, 09:14 PM
i have worked and trained many american bulldogs and pits in different tasks.
How have you trained Pit Bulls for security work (I can't think of a worse breed to train for "protection" work ) in this country, given that they are a banned breed of dog?
Tinnel
Dogsey Junior
Male 

08-03-2009, 09:14 PM
Originally Posted by Louise13 View Post
Funny how your profile says MOST WORKING DOGS but the ones you have mentioned are either Gundogs, Pastoral dogs....or mongrels??
Originally Posted by colliemagic View Post
I really dont think it is necessary for you to be so rude when replying to posts, there are other and better ways to get your points across.

I find the comments regarding peoples 'experienced with dogs' being compared to puppy peddlars very insulting and patronising. Just because some people are merely pet owners and not highly trained owners like yourself ! does not mean that their methods of training are wrong nor does it mean that yours are right. Many dogs have been ruined by 'experienced' trainers who think they know everything there is to know about dogs just because they train and work dogs.

Pet owners are not second class dog owners but people who love and care for their dogs without making money out of them by working them. Nothing wrong in that. In fact I would question whether you are what you say or if you are in fact a troll, given that your sole purpose on the site seems to be to annoy and upset people by writing deliberatly inflammatory statements!
so by needing sheep and cattle dogs to work i rely on them for money? just about every dog breed was once bred for a purpose, now most of them can do nothing useful...

whoever said something about having a malamute or husky, what use would i have for it? im in england not siberia or alaska, leave real working dogs to real working people.
Closed Thread
Page 3 of 14 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 > Last »