Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-08-2008, 11:53 AM

Dog friendly hotels in Glasgow?

Can anyone recommend any? Did a search on google just wondered if anyone had an experience of any that they would recommend?
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-08-2008, 12:16 PM
What part of Glasgow do you need to be in & how are you getting about (e.g. are you coming by car?)

I must admit that for reliability (you know what you're getting) I don't think you can go too far wrong with Travellodge. No room service or anything like that, but usually good value, particularly if more than one person staying as they charge by the room rather than per person.

Looks like they will take pets (though charge for it).

"Customers may bring pets at the absolute discretion of the hotel management and subject to an additional charge of £10 per pet per stay (to be paid at check-in). No more than 2 pets are permitted to stay in any room. To qualify, you must advise the hotel after you make your booking. Hotel numbers can be obtained by visiting www.travelodge.co.uk. "

Madonalds hotels have a hotel half way between Glasgow & Edinburgh - Houston House. I know many of their hotels are dog friendly, though not sure about that particular one (Eunice can probably tell you).
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-08-2008, 03:40 PM
if you are treating yourself and in a car so can go out of the city I cant recomend the lodge on the loch on loch lomond highly enough
Stunning veiws from every room (your own balcony overlooking the loch)
staff love animals - room service lady left our room in tears that someone had abandoned wee Ben
sauna in your room
Swimming pool and beuaty treatments
And beach is just out the front to give the dogs a run

Had a great time - and the sunset over the loch from the dining room is to die for
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

12-08-2008, 03:42 PM
Hi Kerl and Fiona

Just to confirm -----

Houston house do take dogs , but not sure where there will be a small charge or not.
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-08-2008, 04:02 PM
Hi guys, thanks for that, this time is just somewhere to sleep really, not wanting anything too posh and coming by train so closer to the town the better.

Have looked at Loch Lomond a few times Ben and really fancy it when i'm going on a proper break. x
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-08-2008, 05:23 PM
there is a premier inn right in the centre and am sure they take dogs