View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moonstone
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-02-2008, 09:54 PM
Hope it all goes okay for your Mum tomorrow.
Good to hear she is feeling brighter too.
Thinking of you both
Suzi xx
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-02-2008, 09:57 PM
Hope it all goes well tomorrow H - for both of you.
xxx
RRmum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

27-02-2008, 10:22 PM
Oh Helena I was thinking about you and your mum, so thought I would pop on to see if you had posted an update.

You have! and I am glad it is a positive one.

I think the NHS can be marvellous, particularly in emergency situations like this when someone needs care immediately. Perhaps not so hot on the more routine stuff sometimes!

I am glad she is feeling upbeat and you too.

Hope all goes well tomorrow.

Please send your mum my very best wishes. She (and you) are in my thoughts lots.

Jo xx
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-02-2008, 10:27 PM
Hope all goes well tomorrow for your mom, hope you have a good mother's day on sunday with her to.xxxxxxxxxxxx
boobah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-02-2008, 10:42 PM
I hope everything goes well and glad t see she's getting the care she deserves.Tell her I wish her well and hope she's home soon,xxxxxxxxxxx
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2008, 11:03 AM
Thanks all you lovely peops, for the well wishes, and the hugs! I hope she's ok, she's in good hands, I can't phone and pester them coz she's been taken off somewhere else anyway coz they don't have a scanner at that hospital where she is. They're sure to look after her, and since I'm not doing a visit this afternoon I'm going to phone around some of these care liason officers and see if they can point me in the right direction to get some home helps in. The first thing I'll be getting is a cleaner, coz I'm adamant I'm not paying someone to sit and chat to mum and watch the telly whilst I'm slaving away doing all the cleaning - that's for sure!!! I've already arranged a private physio woman so that's sorted, I just need a daily nurse now to bathe and dress her, otherwise it will just about finish MY back off the way it is at the moment, and then we're gonna be in real trouble!

I did something to my knee last night when I stepped up into the shower, and boy did it hurt all night! I slapped on one of Dave's migraine cooling gel pads and it seems to be a lot better this morning, but that's probably because I put one of those sports injury tight wraps on it! I'm treading very carefully with it at the moment though, not bending down, I don't want to set it off again or I won't be able to get to the hospital to visit Mum tomorrow!

I might ring the doc's secretary later and ask if the doc wouldn't mind ringing me when he has the results. It's probably a very long list he has but I need to be put on the bottom of it so that I get the results from the horse's head rather than speak to the hospital doctor who I normally deal with. I hope it's good news, I'm really hoping she hasn't had another stroke that's for sure!

Thanks again guys for all the lovely well wishes for both of us, I think we need them at the moment! xxxxxxx
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

28-02-2008, 11:58 AM
Hoping all went well today and will keep popping in to see when you have heard what the results are.
I don't suffer from vertigo but Gorden does and it is horrible when he has it he has to lie in a darkened room. His came on suddenly years ago, he use to suffer from migraines when he was younger. Then nothing for years then this thank goodness it is only once in a blue moon he suffers with it.
Hope the knee feels better soon.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2008, 12:24 PM
Thanks Lynn. It's kind of nice for me to know other people suffer with this condition, coz it's very scarey indeed, you think there's something wrong with your brain when it first appears. Mine came on suddenly too in the middle of the night, I was lying on my front, and sort of threw my head back to pull the 2nd pillow out from underneath the top, and well, I wondered what on earth was going on! The ceiling started whizzing round at 90 mph with blue and brown big waves in it, although it's actually white!!! I then tried to get up to alert Dave, but I found I couldn't balance, it was like I was paraletic (and that's been a very, very long time!!!! ), I was terrified, I couldn't understand what had happened, so I managed to crawl to the next room to write a note for Dave telling him if I didn't wake up, that's what had happened to me!!! Yes, it was that scarey. I thought if I just go back to sleep it would all go away, sadly it didn't! After a whole week in bed, I ended up thinking I was ok, turned around in the kitchen too quickly, and it was as if somebody had grabbed hold of my head and pulled me over, and I ended up in a heap in the corner of the kitchen, not knowing which way was up! They carted me off to hospital, 5 days later I got diagnosed, but I was thankful it wasn't my brain or a tumour! Initially it lasted a couple of years on and off, and then I just have bouts of it like your Gordon does, but please tell him how I feel for him, I really know how he suffers! If only mum had explained her dizziness to me earlier, this fall might not have happened, but she said she has suffered with dizziness for years, I thought it was low blood pressure, so had a word at the docs to no avail they still insisted on lowering her blood pressure, but they stopped that now at this hospital, and now it turns out to be exactly what I had! She's lucky she's getting a scan, they wanted to scan me, but somehow they never got around to it coz it was always too busy when I was in there, so they just sent me home - as they do!!!

Do you remember how they wanted me to come and collect my mum that night after this fall 3 weeks ago???!!! I'm still going to make a complaint about that one!!!! Thank God I opened my big gob and vented my wrath over the phone and that's the ONLY reason they admitted her, coz I refused to go and pick her up and carry her indoors coz they wouldn't send her in an ambulance at 11 pm at night! Grrrr. Quite unbelievable what they were asking me to do over the phone with an 84 yr. old woman who couldn't even stand up!!!
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2008, 12:29 PM
Oh flippin' 'eck Helen - sorry about your shoulder. One day I am hoping to read a post of yours that begins: "had a quiet, uneventful day"! You're probably thinking the same! I hope everything goes well for your mum today and that your shoulder feels better.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2008, 12:31 PM
Eh???? The shoulder is old news LUcky, it's my knee I've done in now!!! Lol!!!! You see, you just never know where you are with my lifestyle and injuries!!!! Thanks Lucky, at least you cheered me up!!!
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >