View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
kimw30
New Member!
Female 

30-01-2013, 01:33 AM
Hey I have a dog who is 4 years old and her name is Prissy and she has been vomiting and having diarrhea. She was spayed in september and she been having trouble with the incision, a new vet I carried her to said that the vet that spayed her put the wrong sutures in , he was suppose to put the dissolvable sutures but he didnt and it caused a infection and he had to dig the sutures out and told me to bring her back if it didnt get better so I took her back friday and he told me to take her back to the vet that spayed her so I did and he said it looked like she was bit by a spider because she had a big blister looking thing on her stomach and it was black and blue so he cut and drained it. But her place on her incision isnt getting any better. I dont know if the vomiting and diarrhea could be from the infection or if they may be a bug going around that is affecting dogs. She also has pancreatic insuffuciency and inflammatory bowel disease. She is taking clavamox antibiotics. If she was bit by a spider could it cause vomiting and diarrhea.
Bethy-boo91
Dogsey Junior
Female 

30-01-2013, 01:50 AM
I'm so sorry to hear that I hope she gets better soon. Obviously I'm not a vet or anything, but I don't think a spider could cause that much damage except for one that is related to the black widow, but that would kill a dog. Unless it was a pet spider that got lose. Are you sure the vet isn't trying to make an excuse for what happened? I hope everything turns out ok though x
kimw30
New Member!
Female 

30-01-2013, 02:31 AM
Originally Posted by Bethy-boo91 View Post
I'm so sorry to hear that I hope she gets better soon. Obviously I'm not a vet or anything, but I don't think a spider could cause that much damage except for one that is related to the black widow, but that would kill a dog. Unless it was a pet spider that got lose. Are you sure the vet isn't trying to make an excuse for what happened? I hope everything turns out ok though x
Seriosly I dont think she was bit by a spider, I think the vet is trying to make a escuse for what happened. I carried her to the vet that did the spaying so many times trying to get him to do something for the incision and he kept draining it and didnt tell me that sutures were still in her and then when I called a couple weeks ago and told him it got worse he said give it a little longer to heal so I carried her to another vet and that is when he said sutures were still in her and gave her infection so I carried her back friday to the new vet and he decided that the old vet should do something since he the one that messed her up. but the old vet wants to put it off as a spider bite, but I dont think so.
Fivedogpam
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2013, 08:01 AM
This is a repeat post, isn't it? I'm sorry it's not yet resolved. Not sure what else to say.......
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2