Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
View Poll Results: Ear cropping
like 12 8.51%
dislike 124 87.94%
dont care 0 0%
sitting on the fence 5 3.55%
Voters: 141. You may not vote on this poll - please see pinned thread in this section for details.

Page 6 of 30 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 16 > Last »
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-11-2007, 12:25 PM
Originally Posted by nero View Post
In other words, cheating, like face painting,
Not really because the judge can see the ears when they go over the dogs head, any incorrect carriage will be seen, and of course the judge can always ask you to let go of them, seen that done with Dobes and handlers propping their tails up to disguise a poor tail set.
Dawn.
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-11-2007, 12:33 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Like clipping! :smt002

I voted yes. I like to see dogs ears cropped, however I wouldnt have it done to a litter I had bred, as it doesnt mean that much to me that I would put a pup through a GA just because of it. (Mind you, at 12wks I could have them neutered at the same time!! )

If I had the choice of buying from an equally well bred/raised litter that was cropped and one that was not, Id opt for the cropped litter, as purely and simply, I like the way it looks.
Dawn.
My thoughts exactly.
megan57collies
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-11-2007, 12:38 PM
Originally Posted by nero View Post
In other words, cheating, like face painting,

I've seen this in the line up but when the dog is been gone over by the judge the exhibitor stands clear. I don't think it is cheating. In my breed, some, myself included will lift the ears in the line up. I'm not hiding anything and there's nothing wrong with my dog. He's just so laid back in the ring he doesn't use his ears. When the judge is going over him I stand back, so any decent judge can see I'm not hiding anything. Then when I'm standing him for the judge I will throw a bit of sausage on the floor so his ears come up (well away from other exhibitors) I won't do this in the line up as to me it's not fair on other exhibitors having food chucked near their dogs. That to me is cheating and goes on too much in the ring.

I voted against cropping. Am I going mad or is it against the rules and law over here anyway. Dogs should be as god intended
IanTaylor
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

05-11-2007, 12:40 PM
It's a big NO from me.... leave em intact, the way they were intended... Cut yer own ears off if ya think it looks great... but mind ya don't drop yer specs
mo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-11-2007, 01:04 PM
I voted NO I dislike them, as I never really like cropped tails, maybe thats why I have always had dogs that are shown as nature intended? well apart from the competitors that use substances on coats and clip them when they shouldnt be clipped

Mo
nero
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

05-11-2007, 01:28 PM
Originally Posted by megan57collies View Post
I've seen this in the line up but when the dog is been gone over by the judge the exhibitor stands clear. I don't think it is cheating. In my breed, some, myself included will lift the ears in the line up. I'm not hiding anything and there's nothing wrong with my dog. He's just so laid back in the ring he doesn't use his ears. When the judge is going over him I stand back, so any decent judge can see I'm not hiding anything. Then when I'm standing him for the judge I will throw a bit of sausage on the floor so his ears come up (well away from other exhibitors) I won't do this in the line up as to me it's not fair on other exhibitors having food chucked near their dogs. That to me is cheating and goes on too much in the ring.

I voted against cropping. Am I going mad or is it against the rules and law over here anyway. Dogs should be as god intended
The ear flaps are there as you say "as god intended" or as a result of evolution, they protect the inner ear from ingress of dirt/foreign bodies etc, cropping IMO is just another method of making the dog look more Macho.
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-11-2007, 01:29 PM
Acually there are no drop eared wild species of animal!
Becky
nero
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

05-11-2007, 01:29 PM
Originally Posted by IanTaylor View Post
It's a big NO from me.... leave em intact, the way they were intended... Cut yer own ears off if ya think it looks great... but mind ya don't drop yer specs
I can just see it now Ian, everybody lookin like Mr Spock.
nero
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

05-11-2007, 01:32 PM
Originally Posted by Mahooli View Post
Acually there are no drop eared wild species of animal!
Becky
Explain, define, what made you come to that conclusion ?
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-11-2007, 01:34 PM
can you name one?
Becky
Page 6 of 30 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 16 > Last »