Again?!!

Oh my god how stupid, it beggars belief

Poor dogs
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-06-2011, 07:24 PM
Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
I heard this on the news on the way home. The BBC mentioned it using one sentence. Apparently, it was deemed unworthy of more.

As for the perpetrators, they deserve nothing more than the same treatment......

I'm sickened, I really am......
I have watched BBC News 24 for an hour tonight to see whether the story was mentioned ... it wasn't! I can't believe it is so un-newsworthy! The Nottinghamshire incident was plastered all over the news ... so why not this second case?

Perhaps we should rally all Dogsey members to email the Met Police?
Collie Convert
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-06-2011, 07:26 PM
Originally Posted by Velvetboxers View Post
One was too many last year & now again this year, if joe public did this, the book would be thrown at them. No
Matter their occupation, they have committed an offence & caused suffering. I was told last year the suffering would have been immense. We cant just shrug it off lightly.

I dont think anyone would class all Police dog handlers or Police persons in same category.

Animals cant speak for themselves - we need to do it for them
Of course, i'm not saying they shouldnt be punished, its a horrendous thing to happen and they should know better. I was referring to nippy's "police mentality" comment.
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-06-2011, 07:27 PM
I could just about forgive them for what happened last year. It seemed by all accounts to be a genuine but horrific mistake. Anyone can be forgiven for making a mistake once, but the whole point of making mistakes is that we should learn from them.

Presumably after those poor police dogs baked last year, orders and guidelines would have gone round all the forces' dog sections, so this time there is absolutely no excuse.

Unforgiveable ... especially as it happened at a dog training centre!! I don't rate the police that highly on their kindness to their dogs - I used to work for our local force as support staff, and my office overlooked the yard where they trained the police dogs. They were brutal and heavy handed IMO, unnecessarily.
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-06-2011, 07:27 PM
Originally Posted by Moobli View Post
I have watched BBC News 24 for an hour tonight to see whether the story was mentioned ... it wasn't! I can't believe it is so un-newsworthy! The Nottinghamshire incident was plastered all over the news ... so why not this second case?

Good idea - I'll do a google and try and find an email address.
Jugsmalone
Almost a Veteran
Female 

27-06-2011, 07:31 PM
Originally Posted by Moobli View Post

Good idea!
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-06-2011, 07:40 PM
Originally Posted by Gnasher View Post
I could just about forgive them for what happened last year. It seemed by all accounts to be a genuine but horrific mistake. Anyone can be forgiven for making a mistake once, but the whole point of making mistakes is that we should learn from them.

Presumably after those poor police dogs baked last year, orders and guidelines would have gone round all the forces' dog sections, so this time there is absolutely no excuse.

Unforgiveable ... especially as it happened at a dog training centre!! I don't rate the police that highly on their kindness to their dogs - I used to work for our local force as support staff, and my office overlooked the yard where they trained the police dogs. They were brutal and heavy handed IMO, unnecessarily.
What a shame you have a dim view of police dog training. Was it many years ago that you worked as support staff? Unfortunately pd training years ago was very much yank and shout type training, but things have certainly changed in many forces in more recent years. My ex partner is a police dog instructor (well he retired this year) and I was regularly allowed to watch the pd training and was always very impressed with the modern, reward based and positive motivational methods used.
ATD
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-06-2011, 07:45 PM
surely they cant get away with this agen?!
ATD x
Luthien
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-06-2011, 07:47 PM
To KO

It has not been sunny here today, but after being in my car for 30 seconds, I needed to open the door before finishing faffing about before leaving work. I could hardly breathe, and sweat was pouring off me, which is not a look I like to pursue.

Shade really doesn't help.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-06-2011, 07:49 PM
Oops! Double post
Page 4 of 28 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 > Last »