View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sarah27
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-07-2009, 02:46 PM
I may be unpopular for saying this, but they can't have one rule for one person and a different one for others. Pitbulls are illegal (whether that is right or not is another matter). If I found a stray pit I would ask my vet to have it PTS straightaway just to save it the misery of having to go into police kennels.

On the other hand, that poor dog should not have been kept in such appallling conditions for years just to PTS.

ETA: just read the rest of the thread. I do hope he gets rehomed where he can be safe and legal.
Jo_W
Dogsey Junior
Female 

03-07-2009, 04:22 PM
Can I just ask, has anyone seen him recently? It says the owner last saw him in March 2008, has anyone seen him since? Does anyone know how he is at this moment in time?

The video shows such an unbelieveable deterioation in just 5 months, I can't help wonder if he is now fit for re-homing. Sorry if I've offended anyone.
beau
Dogsey Junior
Female 

03-07-2009, 04:32 PM
I also worry about what state he is in now, I hope that he is rehomed or goes to live in a rescue somewhere.
HannahCB
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-07-2009, 04:35 PM
I have made a group on fb which has over 100people in a few hours and have got about 300 people to sign in the last 24. Just tried emailing the rspca i dont know what good it will do but i had to do it, its so wrong that dog is not getting the five freedoms and in such they are breaking the law. urgh im just so mad/sad
johnderondon
Almost a Veteran
Male 

03-07-2009, 05:31 PM
Bloody well done, dogsey members!

Seriously, I have been posting on several forums and the response from dogsey members has been terrific.

Latest news: Yesterday Bruce's barrister asked the High Court for a judicial review. I don't know if it's been granted but counsel has guaranteed that Bruce will not be destroyed until every legal angle has been explored.

Keep the pressure up guys. Keep emailing. I'm looking for some sympathetic NI politicians because the ministers are brushing us off to Dept. for Agriculture and Rural Developments.
Vodka Vixen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-07-2009, 05:48 PM
Have crossposted this to 2 other forums, hopefully that will get a few more signatures!

Do you know what condition he is in now? The pics on the video are heartbreaking
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-07-2009, 05:51 PM
Originally Posted by johnderondon View Post
Bloody well done, dogsey members!

Seriously, I have been posting on several forums and the response from dogsey members has been terrific.

Latest news: Yesterday Bruce's barrister asked the High Court for a judicial review. I don't know if it's been granted but counsel has guaranteed that Bruce will not be destroyed until every legal angle has been explored.

Keep the pressure up guys. Keep emailing. I'm looking for some sympathetic NI politicians because the ministers are brushing us off to Dept. for Agriculture and Rural Developments.
thats great JOhn.

Sarah27 - I know what you are saying but I hvve to say \i dont believe that Bruce even is a pitbull- he looks just like my Bruno so he has been deemed type and because he doesnt have papers - there is no way to prove anything - and thats why it makes a mockery of the law - as he wasnt rampaging attacking other dogs - he was just a dog that was deemed to be type.

Thats why he should be saved, he hasnt done anything wrong and neither has any of the other dogs that are in similar positions.

I also wonder how he is now? Have EGAR had any notification of his current condition and why havent the family been able to view him ?? Is this part of the law that they arent allowed to visit regularly ??
johnderondon
Almost a Veteran
Male 

03-07-2009, 05:52 PM
Originally Posted by Vodka Vixen View Post
Have crossposted this to 2 other forums, hopefully that will get a few more signatures!

Do you know what condition he is in now? The pics on the video are heartbreaking

As far as I know he was moved from the bad kennels and is now in a USPCA kennel...but don't quote me...I'll try to find out and report back.
JanieM
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-07-2009, 05:58 PM
This is making my stomach churn. Have cross posted it and hope people will take notice.
johnderondon
Almost a Veteran
Male 

03-07-2009, 06:05 PM
Originally Posted by Brundog View Post
...why havent the family been able to view him ?? Is this part of the law that they arent allowed to visit regularly ??
I'm surprised they were allowed at all. Wouldn't happen in England. Dogs are held in a secret location and that's it.
Page 6 of 27 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 16 > Last »