Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-06-2009, 10:03 PM
Originally Posted by labradork View Post
I am quite shocked that on a website of so-called dog lovers some people actually think cutting off half a dogs ear for costmetic reasons looks "fab". Sick.
Yep I love it and I couldnt give a monkeys what anyone thinks, Id have a house full if I could and it would be my business not yours or anyone elses.
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-06-2009, 10:09 PM
I have to say that find it pretty ironic and sad that someone who is against neutering, which has many benefits, will freely admit how "fabulous" they think ear cropping is. Talk about contradictory. How can anyone be for cropping yet against neutering?

All I will say is that thank goodness this barbaric practice is banned in this country. It makes me sick just thinking about how anyone could do that to a dog. At least the government has some common sence when it comes to animal cruelty.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-06-2009, 10:13 PM
I have to say that find it pretty ironic and sad that someone who is against neutering, which has many benefits, will freely admit how "fabulous" they think ear cropping is. Talk about contradictory. How can anyone be for cropping yet against neutering?

All I will say is that thank goodness this barbaric practice is banned in this country. It makes me sick just thinking about how anyone could do that to a dog. At least the government has some common sence when it comes to animal cruelty.
Who is against neutering? I find it ironic you dont know what you are talking about before spouting about people you dont know!! Find me one post where I have said I am against neutering please. I am against neutering healthy animals for no apparent reason, but not for medical reasons, why would I be? You continue ripping out your bitches uterus's and removing dogs testicles "in case" they get something and Ill continue to like cropping and docking.
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-06-2009, 10:14 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Yep I love it and I couldnt give a monkeys what anyone thinks, Id have a house full if I could and it would be my business not yours or anyone elses.

As I say, thank goodness some people have some common sence when it comes to protecting animals.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-06-2009, 10:16 PM

As I say, thank goodness some people have some common sence when it comes to protecting animals.
Yeah thank goodness.
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-06-2009, 10:36 PM
Not my cup of tea at all....think the process is awful (dread to think who came up with it!) and the results are very unnattractive.....but each to his own. I don't like the look of certain breeds but others do.

I would assume that initially there was no worry about the ear set of the doberman, with the priority being on body shape, size and temperment, therefore there was not much thought on ear set....added to which I think it is quite hard to breed in pricked ears...?
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-06-2009, 10:46 PM
The breed standard does ask for erect ears in the Dobermann, "normally dropped, but may be erect" That must mean naturally erect though as cropped dogs are not eligible for showing.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-06-2009, 10:46 PM
The breed standard does ask for erect ears in the Dobermann, "normally dropped, but may be erect" That must mean naturally erect though as cropped dogs are not eligible for showing.
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-06-2009, 12:08 AM
Originally Posted by Muddiwarx View Post
Where did you grow up?
At that age when I was i njunior school I was livign in Birminghsm, West Midlands, UK. (Believe me, not from choice!)

Qutie a few people at the time had Dobies, Rotties and GSDs although they seemed to dminish in numbers and were called "devil dogs" when a few people got bitten (probably their own fault too).

Can I ask why? I can't really remember how things were in the dog world 25 years ago - only they dogs that we had. I just found it really odd that we had the ONLY dobie with natural ears.

Laura xx
johnderondon
Almost a Veteran
Male 

16-06-2009, 12:09 AM
Unnecessary surgery is abuse.

Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Fortunately the law protects your dogs from your predilections.
Page 4 of 26 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 > Last »