View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-01-2011, 08:01 PM
oh, and they didnt say that I would be unsuitable which is a plus! then again never said I would be considered either! but I suppose that means they would consider it on a dog-owner basis, which I am very keen on and I can also speak to them about possibly fostering first when I call. They did confirm that they would need to place a speyed female...so at least I'm not 'out the door' just since my dog is entire
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-01-2011, 08:07 PM
Oh that's good, I was going to suggest you ring them instead, coz of lot of companies seem to ignore their e-mails nowadays (or so I've found out!).

All the best in your search, I know you'll pass with flying colours (planning laws won't affect a bit of trellis on top of that fence like somebody else said), and hopefully, further on down the line you can give some poor homeless dobe a not just a forever home, but also a great life! Love it!

The Dog's Trust are advertising on national tv every day, that's very sad, they must be inundated
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-01-2011, 08:14 PM
yeh the problem is the type of gate and thats the only section that dosnt go to 6ft However, Loui has never tried to jump it, its different when you dont know back ground and especially if ones been a stray, or left unattended for too long, been able to learn bad habits,they may be far better educated in jumping fences!! ...but then again, some have come from good homes with bad changes of circumstances....I'll really need to speak to them and the council I suppose and probably send the rescue people some photos etc to see what they think (I know they are busy and dont get paid for this so dont want them to waste time on a homecheck if they can know before coming out that it isnt suitable, if you know what I mean)
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-01-2011, 08:26 PM
I will plank Loui against the fence and show those in the photos too, to give them an idea..cos it may even be a wee bit higher than I first thought, when I think about it ?? lol I'll probably post here too!

Edit; on this page, if you scroll down to Cujo up on the gate/fence, peering over, this is how my dog is with mine (the short bit) and he is about 29/30" TTW http://www.dobermannwelfare.org.uk/d...ing-homes.html
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-01-2011, 09:11 PM
Well if he's still available....... at least he's used to a gate that size???!!! I love that Xenen, quite fancy one of these myself, but that's in the distant future when Georgie has left us of course. Good luck, I'm sure a gate like that won't cause a problem, you could always put some chicken wire at the top of something, maybe, IF necessary, but hopefully it won't even be necessary.
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-01-2011, 04:56 PM
hopefully not but I just meant Cujo as an example of the height of my fence/gate.

Cujo or Kyra look good but not much detail - as I said though got stuff going on the next few months so cant take on right now...will be keeping a close eye on that page though...whats for you wont go by you, as they say. Having a problem with my memory card just now but I will try to get photos if I can. How is Georgie now with those tablets?
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-01-2011, 05:31 PM
ooh i shouldnt of looked on there
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3