Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-06-2010, 12:21 PM
Originally Posted by DevilDogz View Post
No i know what your talking about they've been there years, started off as all badgers pens then changed when the number of fox cubs went up.

There is 3 sections to them pens, you get like a little porch thing as you go in then a big area, and then theres a door to where the big wooden boxes are. and we always had to shut that door, then come back out get the food and put it down.
Although when cleaning we were directly in with the foxes, and yes some would come up, most attacked your feet or would hide up on the wooden slats, scared to death.
Well when I left there was one door locked, this was for Foxes with mange on the pen with three sections, badgers in one bit, and then foxes in the other, on the other side where there is two sections these too were separeted groups, it was quite common. You also said that some would attack your feet, yes it may of been in fear, and fear makes them act strange, but they were still getting use to people, and the more that they are around people the more that fear went away, in times when you couldn't seperate the foxes, or lock them elsewhere the Foxes were loosing fear even more, as they were associating people with food. I don't know when it changed, but on talking to people there (students and nurses) the Foxes were released around the edge of urban areas, and also villages, because of the lack of fear of people.
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-06-2010, 12:27 PM
Very odd indeed that they have changed where the release.
Im aware that any animal would get use to people, this is why as soon as treatment is ended, they try and release as soon as possible... It also depends who you talk to who aranges the release, bedding areas ect - They all seem to have different ideas.
Page 5 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5