Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2007, 11:23 AM

Yesterday at the beach

As you all know, I took Luca and the kids to the beach, and Luca ended up on her lead at one point As Luca isn't very confidant with people she doesn't know we started off at a different beach and went right to the end, near a concrete groin so we couldn't be bothered by kids etc. Unfortunatly, a young girl appeared out of no-where and went crab hunting. Before I got the chance to call madam back, this girl bent forwards to stroke Luca (no asking if it was ok to stroke her) and madam started to bark at her This then caused the girl to burst into tears I recalled Luca back and clipped her to her lead apologising profusely, and asking if the girl was ok. Luca stayed on her lead until we decided to move to another bay.

This girl went on to tell her sisters and her Father that ' the wolf over there was barking at me, but her owner and her kids really apologised to me'

Great PR for the breed, huh
sjpurt
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2007, 11:29 AM
oh hun what a shame wish the parents would teach there kids then the problems will be less, but its not your fault you did every thing you could as we all would.
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2007, 11:34 AM
Originally Posted by sjpurt View Post
oh hun what a shame wish the parents would teach there kids then the problems will be less, but its not your fault you did every thing you could as we all would.
I know we don't have rights to the beach, but I went to the end coz there was no-one there. As I've always taught my kids to ask an owner if it's ok to stroke thier dog, I guess I expect all kids to do it

I felt sorry for Luca though as she then got restricted to her lead until we moved. She's good with kids, just scared of one's she doesn't know
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-04-2007, 01:34 PM
Aww I know exactly how you feel. I always want mine to act perfect so no one can see any wrong in them.

She only barked though at the end of the day our dogs arn't expected to enter into anyone elses space as it's deemed wrong, so people need to give dogs the same consideration. The little girl would have cried for another reason if she had of met Kody probably - because he would have licked her to an inch of her life - you can't please all the people all the time
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-04-2007, 01:39 PM
Thanks Mys It just worried me more as the girl got so upset. Luca didn't go into her bark for England mode thankfully.

I do try and keep out of peoples way as I know Luca isn't confidant around strangers