View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-12-2012, 08:16 AM
Helena; yes, avoid the computer late on. Too much stimulation from light and colour etc.

The more fun you are having the more the mind keeps ticking fast

I almost never use it after 4 pm in fact for that reason but then I am very early abed because of the M.E

Take time to wind down at night, soft lights and whatever relaxes you.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-12-2012, 08:57 AM
Morning Lynn and all.
Should be a much better day than yesterday Lol as I am going on a greyhound walk with the famous greyhound David (that some of you will know of) and his mummy my friend Becky and some other greyhound friends. We are meeting at 11am at Alton Water which is such a beautiful place.
Then its back home to cook a roast dinner. Charlys boyfriend is supplying it, I am cooking it and Charly is washing up
Lynn you should have come to Colchester for kiddies stuff. It seems nearly the whole town is geared to kiddies and Christmas.
Anyway have a good day all, I had better get my backside into gear if I am going out.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-12-2012, 09:06 AM
Good morning Lynn and all ,

I hope all of the poorly paws on here are getting better and any poorly friends are feeling better today - there is just so much going around.

Lynn, your description of Dillon licking your ear and having his paw on your keyboard made me chuckle One of mine is very partial to that when I'm typing but my two are weeny compared to your beautiful big Dillon.
Chris I hope you all have a successful family visit and tha Gary copes OK.It will probably do him good to get out
Malka - you poor thing with a dodgy tummy again On the upside how lovely to see some sun - I want sun
Ali- 3 rooms and 12 people is a full house, but it does sound fun.
RosebudYour green mohair scarf sounds divine!
KazzHow lovely that Sal is acting fine I wish you sleep and a lovely evening with your friends this evening.
Helena- I hope you too have a restful day after disturbed sleep. It's horrible lying awake - I'm sure we have all been there at some time or another. Enjoy your walk with Zena.

Me and my OH were at a party last night up the road from here which was really really great fun. It was the longest I've left the dogs but they were fine. We left here around 8.20 and got back around 12.30. I think they slept all evening but did do lots of zoomies when we got in.

Definitely a quiet day for me today apart from walking the dogs I hope you all have a good restful day too.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-12-2012, 09:33 AM
Oooh Jenny, you've done all different coloured names - I thought my eyes were going funny!

Sorry your shopping wasn't effective Lynn - we had the same thing yesterday and then it rained. I was so annoyed because I am starting to panic now. I seem to have been shopping for ever but achieved very little. It's children's stuff here too that is causing the problems.

Loki is still chewing his paws - he had stopped for a bit but started again for some reason.

Michael has had another go at stripping the tree! I'm not sure if it's four or five attempts now.

Aw isn't Dillon sweet Lynn - he's trying to help with the Daily Thread, while saving you the time of having to have a shower!

I hope you have a lovely day out Chris and enjoy chatting with the family.

Malka, I hope your tum feels better soon. (Hugs)

We have the Christmas nativity on Tuesday, so I'll probably cry.

Have a lovely day everyone.
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-12-2012, 10:00 AM
Morning Lynn,Morning all

Organised chaos here this morning,were having Lizzie's b/f for lunch and to sleep over tonight,so I've had the kids doing work this morning Sweeping floors,washing up etc,while I've been preparing lunch and managed to slice my thumb and nail ouch

It's sunny here at the moment but we've already had pretty heavy showers

O/H has been to the garage and checked tyre pressure and put fuel in the car ready for our journey to see family tomorrow,early start for us,up at 6am and on the road at 7am

Hopefully having a lazy sunday afternoon,

Have a good day all x
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

16-12-2012, 10:14 AM
Originally Posted by Malka View Post
Morning Lynn, morning Chris, morning all who follow.

So glad to her Dillon is finally letting you sleep Lynn, broken nights and sleep deprivation is not much fun, is it. At least Pereg goes straight back to bed/sleep after she has to go out during the night.

Chris, I hope you have a good day and that Gary enjoys the outing/visiting. Safe journey.

Sun is shining here and Pereg is sprawled outside but it is chilly indoors and my feet are freezing. The rest of me is warm enough thanks to thermal from neck to wrists to ankles, and more layers on top! Just call me the Michelin old bag! I really ought to shove some washing in the machine but I have a dodgy tummy again so think I will leave it until tomorrow.

Enjoy Sunday everyone!
Morning Malka.
Have you not got some nice thick warm socks for your cold tootsies. ? Or are they still cold even if wrapped up warm ?
Sorry to hear about your dodgy tummy again today I hope it clears up soon.

Originally Posted by AliStarfish View Post
Morning all. Lynn, I love the idea of Dillon trying to type, you'll need to get him a super sized keyboard! Brierly, I hope you have a great day and safe journey.

We currently have my in laws staying as well as my husband's brother and his wife who flew in from Sydney yesterday. It was my MILs 60th birthday yesterday so we went out for a beautiful meal last night. Twelve of us in a 3 bedroom house is actually going amazingly well!

It's the Sunday School nativity today so looking forward to the watching the kids.
Morning Ali.
I am not sure if they would do a keyboard big enough.
Have a lovely time at the Nativity.
Originally Posted by Rosebud77 View Post
Good morning everyone, and busy days for you but a very quiet day for me thankfully. Much needed.

Dogs walked and fed, cats fed and asleep on the bed with me and a great deal of knitting to be done.. I sold a bright emerald green mohair scarf so have replaced that.. peopleneed colour at this time of year..and the floppy berets are going well..

Quiet out but a gale warning and feels cold because I am so tired. The heating is on for an hour just to take the chill off the house.

Stay safe and clear roads to all travelling...
Morning Rose. Enjoy your restful day especially as you had such a busy day yesterday.
I hope the gale passes you by.
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
Morning all, off to the LKA today with a friend.

Have a good and safe one all/
Morning Jackie. Enjoy your day at the LKA.
Originally Posted by Kazz View Post
Morning all.

Not long in from work and took Sal out who is a now acting like she was never sick, in fact only the shaved areas in her juglar and leg mark the event - Touch wood - had acup coffee and off to bed for a few hours.
Going out with friends this evening so just need to have a few hours and then be able to sleep tonight.

Too tired to read all the daily so Morning all and have a brilliant day.
Morning Kazz. So nice to read Sal is doing so well
Have a lovely time tonight.
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Morning Lynn, Chris, Grandma, Ali, Rosebud and all

So good to hear Dillon is still being a good boy for you, and I see you've now managed to divert that unused energy into him learning to use the puter, this is good Lynn He can do all your e-mails for ya

Glad to hear Gary is feeling up to going to Barnsley with you today, and I'm sorry Chris, but you have made me chuckle there with your Paracetamol sandwiches I don't know whether it was a joke, or whether you forgot that comma after the paracetamol

Sorry to hear you're still suffering there grandma, and I do hope things improve for you today. Stay warm, it sounds pretty cold over there now. One minute you're shvitzing and the next minute you're shiverring!

Hope Loki and Jimmi's paws are on the mend and they've stopped licking (sorry Linda, I must have missed this bit in yesterday's threadxx) Enjoy your knitting today Rosebud, but I thought you'd be off to another Christmas market today to offload some of it, stay warm up there.

Laid awake till gone 12.30 again last night, I really don't know what's going on me with, but Dave said I'm sitting at this puter too much, so tonight I'm going to have a little trial and stay AWAY from it I will be a nervous wreck by 8pm I just know it, but I must try it and see if I get off to sleep properly. Zena is very fidgety overnight, one minute she's upside down in her bed in my room, then off she goes, takes a gallon of water from her bowl, and then thuds down on the kitchen floor, it's sooooo loud I worry she's bruising herself! She might always be like this and normally I wouldn't know about it though, it's only cos I'm lying there awake. Nothing is keeping me awake, I can hear a pin drop in this house at night and it's pitch black, perfect for sleeping, unlike the other house where I had that bdooly pub over the road!

Anyhoo, not much on today, but the woods are going to be horrendous after all the heavy rain yesterday, but the stream will be full and fast flowing for Zena's jacuzzi on the way home, she loves it when it's deep and fast, but I have to put her ball on the lead to stop it floating on down all the crevaces!

Enjoy the day everyone
Morning Helena.
I wonder if staying away from the computer for while in the evenings before bedtime might help. Let us know.
I hope it does work for you. I always wince when Dillon flops down hard.
Enjoy your walk.
Originally Posted by madmare View Post
Morning Lynn and all.
Should be a much better day than yesterday Lol as I am going on a greyhound walk with the famous greyhound David (that some of you will know of) and his mummy my friend Becky and some other greyhound friends. We are meeting at 11am at Alton Water which is such a beautiful place.
Then its back home to cook a roast dinner. Charlys boyfriend is supplying it, I am cooking it and Charly is washing up
Lynn you should have come to Colchester for kiddies stuff. It seems nearly the whole town is geared to kiddies and Christmas.
Anyway have a good day all, I had better get my backside into gear if I am going out.
Morning Bev.
Enjoy the walk I am sure you will have some giggles with David. Enjoy lunch too.
Saving on petrol Bev so Colchester is a bit of a drive financially at the moment. It seems I think most places are better geared up for fun stuff for kids for christmas than Chelmsford we don't usually have a problem. No Hawkins bazaar that was the problem.
Have a lovely day.

Originally Posted by jenny.g View Post
Good morning Lynn and all ,

I hope all of the poorly paws on here are getting better and any poorly friends are feeling better today - there is just so much going around.

Lynn, your description of Dillon licking your ear and having his paw on your keyboard made me chuckle One of mine is very partial to that when I'm typing but my two are weeny compared to your beautiful big Dillon.
Chris I hope you all have a successful family visit and tha Gary copes OK.It will probably do him good to get out
Malka - you poor thing with a dodgy tummy again On the upside how lovely to see some sun - I want sun
Ali- 3 rooms and 12 people is a full house, but it does sound fun.
RosebudYour green mohair scarf sounds divine!
KazzHow lovely that Sal is acting fine I wish you sleep and a lovely evening with your friends this evening.
Helena- I hope you too have a restful day after disturbed sleep. It's horrible lying awake - I'm sure we have all been there at some time or another. Enjoy your walk with Zena.

Me and my OH were at a party last night up the road from here which was really really great fun. It was the longest I've left the dogs but they were fine. We left here around 8.20 and got back around 12.30. I think they slept all evening but did do lots of zoomies when we got in.

Definitely a quiet day for me today apart from walking the dogs I hope you all have a good restful day too.
Morning Jenny. How nice are all the different colours for peoples names.
Glad you enjoyed the party last night. Enjoy the peaceful day today.
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
Oooh Jenny, you've done all different coloured names - I thought my eyes were going funny!

Sorry your shopping wasn't effective Lynn - we had the same thing yesterday and then it rained. I was so annoyed because I am starting to panic now. I seem to have been shopping for ever but achieved very little. It's children's stuff here too that is causing the problems.

Loki is still chewing his paws - he had stopped for a bit but started again for some reason.

Michael has had another go at stripping the tree! I'm not sure if it's four or five attempts now.

Aw isn't Dillon sweet Lynn - he's trying to help with the Daily Thread, while saving you the time of having to have a shower!

I hope you have a lovely day out Chris and enjoy chatting with the family.

Malka, I hope your tum feels better soon. (Hugs)

We have the Christmas nativity on Tuesday, so I'll probably cry.

Have a lovely day everyone.
Morning Linda. Maybe it is just harder this year as we are all watching the pennies that doesn't help when trying to shop.
Naughty Michael sounds like my Michael use to be when he was little.
I do hope Loki's paws clear up soon it is heart breaking to watch them chewing away at themselves. Those builders aren't leaving things behind on the pavement for example chemicals or washing them through onto the roads are they where you walk ?
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

16-12-2012, 10:16 AM
Originally Posted by Sal View Post
Morning Lynn,Morning all

Organised chaos here this morning,were having Lizzie's b/f for lunch and to sleep over tonight,so I've had the kids doing work this morning Sweeping floors,washing up etc,while I've been preparing lunch and managed to slice my thumb and nail ouch

It's sunny here at the moment but we've already had pretty heavy showers

O/H has been to the garage and checked tyre pressure and put fuel in the car ready for our journey to see family tomorrow,early start for us,up at 6am and on the road at 7am

Hopefully having a lazy sunday afternoon,

Have a good day all x
Morning Sal. Ouch.
Enjoy your day when it all settles down.
Have a nice day tomorrow and have a safe journey.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

16-12-2012, 10:22 AM
Good morning fellow members and quite a pleasant one too with sun between the showers.
I have got a load of dog towel out on the washing line so hoping to get them dry in between the showers.

Hope to do some baking and to tidy the draws in my bedroom , that is the extent of my excitement for today

Enjoy your day everyone
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

16-12-2012, 11:13 AM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Also trying to type and concentrate while having your ear cleaned can be quite off putting too.
'morning Lynn and everyone

I know what you mean Lynn, our Rianna does that to me 'tho not when I'm typing, her favorite time is when I'm asleep and she wants to go out

We seem to have Christmas under comtrol this year which is nice, of course it helps that we don't have huge numbers of pressies to buy for close and not so close relatives, and anyway it's not easy to get out right now with all the snow 'tho there are signs of thaw thankfully.

Enjoy your Sunday whatever you are doing.
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-12-2012, 11:19 AM
OUCH.. gale and deluges and am almost certain I heard thunder....any minute now collie will start panicking...

Hung washing in the big shed where the car lives...the sky was awesome but clearly ready to burst as it has.
Page 2 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »