Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

15-12-2012, 09:01 AM
Morning Nechda, morning all

Horrible news about the shooting in the US - just horrible. Thoughts and prayers are with all concerned.

On the home front, Bev I hope this morning's appointments go to plan - Kyiro at the vet and you at the hospital. (((hugs)))

Yet again it was waaay past midnight before I got to bed last night - Pereg got me up around 3am for a p&p so I was able to enthrone myself while she was out, then we both zonked until slightly late for her 7am pill but I managed another short nap before finally getting up.

It is sunny out which means - oh bliss - hot water, although I am still feeling cold even with three layers of clothes on, but at least I do not feel as bad as I did yesterday. Not sure whether I am OK to have a shower or wait until my neighbour is home tomorrow so she can come in while I shower [and rescue me if I get the wobbles]. I do so hate losing independence.

Have a good weekend everyone.
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-12-2012, 09:03 AM
Morning Helena,Morning all

Not up to much today,apart from trying to catch up on the laundry

Off to Tesco in a minute to pick up some veggies and other bits,

Bev hope all goes well for you,

Have a good day all x
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-12-2012, 09:03 AM
Good morning all.

What a terribly sad time for those poor people in the US. Unimaginable isn't it .

Bev, I hope today goes well for you.

The sun is out here so we're off for our usual walk soon. On the way back we will check on Gary to see if he is up to going over to Barnsley tomorrow. If not, I will do the gift run on my own and we'll also go over another time when Gary is well. He will be so disappointed though if he can't go so fingers and everything else crossed.

Rosie is scratching like mad this morning. She was 'flea'd' last week so I doubt it's that. Me thinks a bath may be in order this afternoon - she won't be pleased. I'm assuming that she's reacted to something, but heaven knows what.

Have a good 'un all.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

15-12-2012, 09:29 AM
Morning Helena, morning everyone.

My sympathies to those poor families in America too dreadful just dreadful.
Bev I hope it all goes well for you today (((hugs))).
Helena sorry you are finding sleeping difficult at the moment it is hard to get your body clock back to any normality.
To everyone with poorly dogs or who are poorly themselves wishing you all well soon.

Another successful night and morning with Dillon been for our walk and he met an old friend with a neutered male who had a go at him poor Dillon he just looks as if to say you don't like me then continues to prance around even when on a lead and they had a little play in the end.
A springer coming out of his drive had a go at him too I wonder if its because he is maturing.

Had a good chat with the vet yesterday have posted in more detail on a new thread he is convinced it is to do with in season bitches and his hormones but is reluctant to implant at the moment while he is settled unless it all kicks off again then he will to save his stress and mine.
We talked about neutering at 18 months or there abouts and he said he is happy to do it if not being shown or bred from there is no reason why not to if he has reached maturity and is the right height which he should be and is a confident dog. He would meet him and assess him first and then advise whether to do it then or await a bit longer Dillons breeder and I are happy with the outcome of the chat.

We are off to Chelmsford in a bit without the children this week to do some christmas shopping not much to get as everyone wants money.

Have a good day all.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-12-2012, 09:29 AM
Another one with a snorer.

Big hugs for today madmare - we will all be thinking of you.

I've just had to wrestle my two-year-old away from the computer! Yesterday he managed to turn off the wireless connection and I was going mad trying to find out why I had no internet access. I was even about to go marching across the road to the builders and blame them!

Poor Loki is attacking his feet again and has spent the last two nights in a 'lampshade'.

More Christmas shopping today. It seems never-ending.

xxx
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-12-2012, 09:34 AM
Sorry you never got any pasties yesterday they were eaten in a flash!

I have just made these and I will guard them with my life and bring them along to tonights party

Jackie
Dogsey Veteran

15-12-2012, 10:20 AM
Morning all, agree about the horrible news in the US.... my condolences go to all involved.

Not to bad here today, not got a lot on, going to wash bedding and clean up the dinning room me thinks

Madmare, good luck today, H, enjoy the cleaning and Lynn glad Dillons hormone have settled ..

Lucky star, I wonder if "thornit " would help with Loki`s feet, I put it on Millies sometimes when she is biting them

Anyway, have a productive day folks, and stay safe xx
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-12-2012, 10:21 AM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Good Morning All Dogsey Peops

So, so dark in the morning at the moment isn't it, you just don't want to get up, even 7.30 is like the middle of the night.

First of all, I was so, so shocked and saddened by the news this morning and my heart goes out to those devastated families in America, you just cannot begin to imagine can you

Lynn, I'm really hoping Day 2 was a success with Dillon, and can't wait to hear all about it.
Malka, I hope you're feeling much better this morning and hoping you didn't spend most of the night in the loo
Daisy Dog, I hope you enjoyed your ski-ing and hoping Tilly's tail is healing properly now
Bitkin, hoping little Jimmi's paw is on the mend from his abcess

Dave shut his door last night, so never heard any of that snoring, but still laid awake until about midnight, I must break this habit somehow, otherwise I'll end up like Dave an insomniac. I can never understand though, how he says he can't sleep and yet he snores all night whilst I'm lying there awake??!

I'm off up to the van, it's a complete pig stye in there at the moment with Dave in and out doing the insulation and that odd bod jobber doing the bathroom, so I'm going to get it back to how it should be and do the best the day the guests arrive next Saturday. Apart from that, nothing on the agenda at home, except the usual cleaning and washing and for lunch we have steak and salad. Haven't had that for weeks, so I'm looking forward to that.

The wind and rain in the night but it's all calmed down now thank goodness, hope it has where you are and if you haven't had it yet, then be prepared, there's some really heavy rain around. Enjoy your Saturday
An old remedy is to sew a cotton reel to the back of the pjs as most snore when they sleep on their backs and this prevents that.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran

15-12-2012, 10:27 AM
Originally Posted by Rosebud77 View Post
An old remedy is to sew a cotton reel to the back of the pjs as most snore when they sleep on their backs and this prevents that.
I find a good shove works better
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-12-2012, 10:28 AM
Originally Posted by majuka View Post
Morning Helena, Morning All

Dreadful, you just don't imagine what the day can hold when you wake up and go about your usual routine, send the kids off to school

Bev, I hope that you get well today - both at the vets and the hospital.

Helena, I'm wondering if the timing is the issue? I fall asleep instantly then wake up in the early hours for a few hours whereas Dave takes ages to go to sleep then sleeps right through. Both us can have a very poor night's sleep but not realise that the other one has as well until the morning because I am asleep while Dave is awake and vice versa. Good luck with trying to adjust your sleep pattern, the longer you carry on the more your body will adjust to not sleeping at this time.

Have a good day all
Seems to be one feature of ageing. I sleep in patches and erratically and just sit and knit bed and read when I am wide awake at 2 am; gives me the chance also to catch up on the phone with family in different time xones. I have been like this for decades and it is so peaceful at that hour. I think it is the worrying about it that is the real problem

Often I have a "power nap" later

But then I can go to be very early also as I am on my own so no needing to please or fit in with anyone
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >