Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jesss
Dogsey Junior
Female 

15-12-2012, 12:42 AM

Forces christmas

This may mean very little to lot of people, and some people may not agree with the army being in afghanistan, but personal opinions aside here is a link to radio 1 in afghan's blog http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/gregjames/
It has been well covered and really well supported on radio 1. My boyfriend is there now, http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/gregjames/ the latest video in the link i can see him, for the first time in 3 months, the way his work was described made me so proud and was a lovely unexpected end to the week!

So merry christmas and a safe new year to all thiose in difficult places.
Azz
Administrator
Male 

15-12-2012, 01:40 AM
Merry Christmas to all in our forces and their families too.

Our neighbour is the army and it's always nice seeing the dog welcome him when he comes home - his partner says the first thing he asks when he phones her is whether their dog is ok!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

15-12-2012, 06:19 AM
I admire these men and their families whether we agree or not doesn't come into it I am sure they would rather not be there but they are doing their job and have to do and go where the Government tell them like it or not.
The least we can do to these brave men and women is show support.
It must of been lovely for you to see your boyfriend in the video.

Wishing them a safe christmas.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-12-2012, 08:19 AM
It does mean a lot here as my daughters boyfriend is in the paras, luckily for us he is here this christmas as he has done the last two away and in afghanistan.
I really feel for you, there is nothing harder than being with someone in the forces, all the worry for them and then still not having them here at special times.
I can imagine the thrill of catching a glimpse of him on there, little things like that mean so much.
We are facing the prospect that my daughters boyfriend is going away again for most of next year. Its going to be so hard.
I wish you as well as all our boys and girls overseas and their families a good Christmas and may they be home soon.
Jesss
Dogsey Junior
Female 

15-12-2012, 08:33 AM
Originally Posted by Azz View Post
Merry Christmas to all in our forces and their families too.

Our neighbour is the army and it's always nice seeing the dog welcome him when he comes home - his partner says the first thing he asks when he phones her is whether their dog is ok!
Wiggins was 8 weeks when he went away, he will go nuts when he sees him! (Even if he doesn't recognise him!)