Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
rich c
Almost a Veteran
Male 

24-03-2010, 08:16 AM

Low profile

Given what's happened in a recent thread in this section & the fact I should be spending my time doing other things, I'll probably be a bit scarce around here for a while.

If you have tech related problems, remember Google is your friend. It's where I usually go first.

If you want to know more about Linux, go to Linuxquestions.org. Don't be put off by the seemingly very technical threads in the forums. Most of it is above my head too. If you choose the right section to post in and ask well thought out sensible questions then you will get well thought out sensible answers.

Lastly, check out my web pages if tere's anything you think I can help with.
Azz
Administrator
Male 

24-03-2010, 08:20 PM
Rich, one of the first things many of us learnt on forums is that no matter what advice you give however sound it is, people will always, ultimately make up their own minds.

It's not a reflection on you and you certainly shouldn't take it personally - just bear in mind the bigger picture. In the case of your 'recent' posts - linux just isn't an attractive enough proposition yet for people to feel fully comfortable in trying it... no matter how hard you push it or how much people like and respect you. It's a problem linux needs to overcome, not you.
rich c
Almost a Veteran
Male 

26-03-2010, 08:26 AM
Actually, it is a problem I have chosen to take on & to overcome. I'm not a kernel hacker so advocacy and support is my contribution to Linux.