Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Chloe
Dogsey Senior

10-07-2004, 01:45 PM

A letter from your Dog

A Letter from Your Dog

I am your dog, and I have a little something I'd like to whisper in your ear.

I know that you humans lead busy lives. Some have to work, some have children to raise. It always seems like you are running here and running there, often much too fast, often never noticing the truly grand things in life.

Look down at me now, while you sit there at your computer. See the way my dark brown eyes look at yours? They are slightly cloudy now. That comes with age. The grey hairs are beginning to ring my soft muzzle. You smile at me; I see love in your eyes. What do you see in mine? Do you see a spirit? A soul inside, who loves you as no other could in the world? A spirit that would forgive all trespasses of prior wrong doing for just a simple moment of your time? That is all I ask. To slow down, if even for a few minutes, to be with me.

So many times you have been saddened by the words you read on that screen, of others of my kind passing. Sometimes we die young and oh so quickly, sometimes so suddenly it wrenches your heart out of your throat. Sometimes, we age so slowly before your eyes that you may not even seem to know until the very end, when we look at you with grizzled muzzles and cataract clouded eyes. Still the love is always there, even when we must take that long sleep, to run free in a distant land. I may not be here tomorrow; I may not be here next week. Someday you will shed the water from your eyes, that humans have when deep grief fills their souls, and you will be angry at yourself that you did not have just "one more day" with me.

Because I love you so, your sorrow touches my spirit and grieves me. We have NOW together. So come, sit down here next to me on the floor, and look deep into my eyes. What do you see? If you look hard and deep enough we will talk, you and I, heart to heart. Come to me not as "alpha" or as "trainer" or even "Mum or Dad," come to me as a living soul and stroke my fur and let us look deep into one another's eyes and talk. I may tell you something about the fun of chasing a tennis ball, or I may tell you something profound about myself, or even life in general. You decided to have me in your life because you wanted a soul to share such things with. Someone very different from you, and here I am.

I am a dog, but I am alive. I feel emotion, I feel physical senses, and I can revel in the differences of our spirits and souls. I do not think of you as a "Dog on two feet" -- I know what you are and who you are. You are human, in all your quirkiness, and I love you still.

Now, come sit with me, on the floor. Enter my world, and let time slow down if only for 15 minutes. Look deep into my eyes, and whisper into my ears. Speak with your heart, with your joy, and I will know your true self. We may not have tomorrow, but we do have today, and life is oh so very short. So please--come sit with me now and let us share these precious moments we have together.

Love,
Your Dog
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-07-2004, 01:50 PM
Wow! And on that note, I'm going to turn my computer off! See you all later! I'm going to do what is described above: spend some quality time with my dog.

Bye! Thanks Chloe!!!
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

10-07-2004, 02:05 PM
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-07-2004, 02:27 PM
Chloe you sure know how to "clear a board" girl.
Well see you all later...maybe...unless i look down into brown eyes

Karen
Dozeydanes
Dogsey Senior

10-07-2004, 02:38 PM
:smt022
gordon lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-07-2004, 03:29 PM
:smt022 Now I have to go and hug mine.
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-07-2004, 09:16 PM
Every time I read this I feel guilty about the lack of quality time I spend with mine.
Cumbrian Lass
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-07-2004, 10:08 PM

As you can see, I'm here guilt free They are all fast asleep (well they were until I emerged with the 'flashy thing'.
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-07-2004, 10:10 PM
:smt005 :smt005 :smt005
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-07-2004, 10:11 PM
Aaww what a cutie. My girls are sleeping now aswell!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >