Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
MerlinsMum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-01-2010, 08:43 PM
Originally Posted by wolfdogowner View Post
......I would have had to turn her down anyway as my insurance would not cover the unemployed!
My god... is that true for all landlords' insurance? If so then I am VERY lucky I have a roof over my head.
wolfdogowner
Dogsey Senior
Male 

07-01-2010, 08:52 PM
Originally Posted by MerlinsMum View Post
My god... is that true for all landlords' insurance? If so then I am VERY lucky I have a roof over my head.
Joking aside; if I remember properly unemployed/benefit claimants attracted a higher premium and or different policy. I did make an exception for a lady thrown out on the street with 2 children and a dog and no where to go (no fault of her own) and the insurance company was informed.
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-01-2010, 08:54 PM
Originally Posted by siberianed View Post
You can imagine what I was like on the phone!! I saw red, a thick blanket of red. My poor OH was the first one that I ranted about it all too!

Did she expect me to turn round and say, "hmm, yeah you're right, they are a bit big and they are so loud that they should be living outside, what I'll do is leave them behind and move out without them"

To be quite honest, my oldest boy, Byron, would quite happily live outside (especially with all this snow) but being the responsible dog owner that I like to think I am - I won't let him! And he sure as hell isn't going to be allowed to sleep outside as I know he'd dig a little hole to curl up and sleep in!!
Ah, he's a digger! Say no more!
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-01-2010, 08:55 PM
Originally Posted by IsoChick View Post

Yup, they are fighting dogs, aggressive to every known man or beast, they eat furniture, slobber everywhere and can't control their bowels...

These are honestly some of the things my friend got told about her breed from prospective landlords!
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-01-2010, 08:56 PM
Originally Posted by wolfdogowner View Post
I found it quite hard to be polite to this person tbh they arrived during the decoration, carpet laying and installation a new bathroom and had nothing good to say. I would have had to turn her down anyway as my insurance would not cover the unemployed!
There's good and bad in every situation !!
madlou
New Member!
Female 

07-01-2010, 09:02 PM
I have resently rescued a rottweiler after much research about different breeds on the internet. I know how you feel because every one seems to have an story about how big and mean they are when really they know nothing.

I wish people wouldn't make snap judgements about dogs and there owners. Each case no matter what its about should be treated as an individual.

My puppy will grow into a great dog and i hope you find your prefect place.
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-01-2010, 09:10 PM
Originally Posted by madlou View Post
I have resently rescued a rottweiler after much research about different breeds on the internet. I know how you feel because every one seems to have an story about how big and mean they are when really they know nothing.

I wish people wouldn't make snap judgements about dogs and there owners. Each case no matter what its about should be treated as an individual.

My puppy will grow into a great dog and i hope you find your prefect place.
I know so many rotties who are absolutely fab. A much maligned breed, I can honestly say none of the ones I know are nasty in any way, great big softies!
siberianed
Dogsey Junior
Female 

08-01-2010, 02:03 PM
My frustration is getting worse and worse! I phoned about another propery today to see if the place would allow dogs. The woman asked me, "what sort of dogs have you got?" to which I replied, "two huskies". She then said "that propery won't accept dogs"

What was the point in asking me what type of dogs I have then?!?!

Had a breakthrough elsewhere though. I phoned up abot another property and when asked what dogs I had, I simply replied "two huskies, they're medium size dogs, I just thought I'd say as so many people seem to think they're huge and destructive"

She phoned me back about 20 minutes later and said she'd spoken to the landlady and she's happy to accept the dogs as she's a petowner herself.
magpye
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2010, 02:10 PM
Try saying I have two fluffy 'snowdogs', like that Disney film...

Sometimes the daft preconceptions can work for us... ... When I was looking for a place with Selkie, Pharoah and Jackjack, I described them as a 'white snowdog a skinny one and a little one"... Never mentioned breeds

But hopefully you have found a place now Good luck
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2010, 10:32 PM
Originally Posted by siberianed View Post
My frustration is getting worse and worse! I phoned about another propery today to see if the place would allow dogs. The woman asked me, "what sort of dogs have you got?" to which I replied, "two huskies". She then said "that propery won't accept dogs"

What was the point in asking me what type of dogs I have then?!?!

Had a breakthrough elsewhere though. I phoned up abot another property and when asked what dogs I had, I simply replied "two huskies, they're medium size dogs, I just thought I'd say as so many people seem to think they're huge and destructive"

She phoned me back about 20 minutes later and said she'd spoken to the landlady and she's happy to accept the dogs as she's a petowner herself.
Sounds promising !! I am keeping everything crossed for you guys !!
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4