Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Katiecoos
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-08-2005, 06:35 PM

Stolen Dogs

Just heard on the news that 50 dogs a week are stolen from the South East of England every week. Some are sold , some are kept for breeding and others are used to obtain money from their owners. There was a young girl on the television telling how her cavalier king charles spaniel was stolen from the garden and she is so upset the poor girl. Another poor woman who was told she would have to pay £1000 to have her pet back.

There is a programme on Meridian TV tomorrow night at 7.30 called dog stealing in the region, if anybody is interested.
Chilli-Pepper
Dogsey Junior
Female 

24-08-2005, 06:43 PM
My god!! what a crap world we live in, is nothing safe
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

24-08-2005, 06:56 PM
Last year,a Rottweiler puppy was stolen from a nearby village and an article in local paper said they were being used for dog fighting.

People who steal someones beloved pet are the lowest of the low and god help anyone who tries to thieve from me...
NatalieS
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-08-2005, 07:07 PM
It's awful.

Unfortunately it's becoming increasingly common here in Bermuda, that's why I'm totally neurotic and won't let Rocco out of my sight. They steal them for dog fighting here too, and also because people offer a reward for their return. Our neighbours leave their Boxer puppy in his crate on their veranda when they go out, I'm convinced that one day they'll come back and he'll be gone. We live in a nice neighbourhood but that really means nothing!

I agree, anyone who would do that has to be the lowest of the low.
spike_the_staffy
Dogsey Senior
Male 

24-08-2005, 07:08 PM
i know this is a terrible thing,
i would kill someone if they tryed to take spike, we got him data tagged.
do u have ur dog data tagged?
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

24-08-2005, 07:12 PM
i dont think any one would try and nick ours unless they knew them.............. it will be sod the size etc of the dog its me they should be scared off if i saw them trying too.
NatalieS
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-08-2005, 07:13 PM
He's chipped and the details are registered with all the local vets, SPCA etc but it's still something I worry about. Our friend is a vet and is also used by the government to try to identify the owners of poor doggies that are dumped after they've been used for dog fighting. He said they'll take anything but warned us to be particularly careful because apparently boxers are a favourite because they look tougher than they are. It's such an awful thought, I'd hate to loose him, no matter what the reason.
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

24-08-2005, 07:16 PM
boxers a tough dog that couldn't be further from the thruth they are big soppys
NatalieS
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-08-2005, 07:37 PM
Rocco would sooner slaver on anyone or anything than be remotely agressive - unless it's a garden plant!
mustards mum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-08-2005, 08:21 PM
I've heard of this in my area of Surrey too, many people now have their dogs in dog crates in the back of their vehicles with padlocks on to protect them from "traffic light" thefts where the owners are ambushed

I have my car all fitted out with dog bed in the back but being a jag there is no room for a cage but he has a harness; nonetheless I wouldn't even leave him for a minute to pop into the corner shop until he is old enough to give the ba*tards more than they can handle Actually I realise I'm joking there........... I will never leave him on his own, unlike my last pup who on a cool night would love to come with us to dinner and be popped back in the car to sleep when he got tired. What a difference 14 years makes

I also worry about him being alone at home albeit for very short times when I have to get the shopping ............

He's only been home four days and I can't bear to leave him but we will be out of milk by tomorow if I don't
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >