Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
twilightwolf
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-04-2011, 09:42 PM

Pet Detective seizes dog!

I am sorry if this has already been posted, but i just saw this story in yesterdays daily mail and was shocked.

Is this even legal!?

A pet detective walked up to a professional dog walker with a camera crew, and changed leads with a clients dog and took it away. They claim it had been stolen, when it turns out the owners husband gave it away!

Check it out for yourselves.. I would have thought its illegal the way it was done. - What a scum bag detective!

- Poor labrador! - Talk about a stressful situation. Nice to know he is really thinking about the dog in all this 0-0

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...TV-ambush.html
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-04-2011, 09:47 PM
Wow what a mess - laptops about to die so this is quick. Why would anyone do that - what a rubbish person!
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2011, 01:12 AM
Very very underhand the way it was done.

Having said that why wasnt the dog walker keeping a closer eye on the dog when she didnt even notice someone put a leash on the dog and walk it away. If someone was out walking my dog and they were apporoached by a TV crew, I would like to think they would call the dog to them immediately

Typically it is the dog that suffers - bewildered and not understanding what is going on + the owner who is no doubt heart broken
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2011, 05:54 AM
Not watched the link but would like to add that if my OH gave any of my dogs away I would move heaven and earth to get them back!

The new owner might be heartbroken but what about the rightful owner? I wonder if the new owner would go to such lengths to get the dog back.

I agree that the poor dog would be bewildered stuck in the middle.
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2011, 07:54 AM
Originally Posted by moetmum View Post
Not watched the link but would like to add that if my OH gave any of my dogs away I would move heaven and earth to get them back!

The new owner might be heartbroken but what about the rightful owner? I wonder if the new owner would go to such lengths to get the dog back.

I agree that the poor dog would be bewildered stuck in the middle.
....but the "new" owner has had the dog TWO years! The old owner said she couldnt cope with two dogs and one had to go!

My smypathy lies with the lady who has loved & cared for the dog for two years.

I still wouldnt be very pleased with the dog walker. If shes that easily distracted, she shouldnt be walking dogs.

I wont be watching the TV programme, wouldnt give them the ratings after hearing this
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2011, 09:02 AM
Originally Posted by Velvetboxers View Post
....but the "new" owner has had the dog TWO years! The old owner said she couldnt cope with two dogs and one had to go!

My smypathy lies with the lady who has loved & cared for the dog for two years.

I still wouldnt be very pleased with the dog walker. If shes that easily distracted, she shouldnt be walking dogs.

I wont be watching the TV programme, wouldnt give them the ratings after hearing this
I didn't read the link, yes sympathies do go to the new owner, especially as the previous owner couldn't cope.

Once the decision is made to part with a dog (unless otherwise agreed) you shouldn't try to claim it back.

I wouldn't trust a dog walker with any of my dogs BTW. We have a couple at the park where I work and it isn't good. But then dog owners in general that visit our park are the pits. A deer and 2 sheep dead last week. Not to mention poo bags festooning bushes and trees and that's the ones who actually bag it (a bit off topic I'm afraid)