View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
amandas-jacks
Dogsey Junior
Female 

19-09-2007, 10:31 PM

All jack russell terrier owners (dog biting its rear)

Hi my name is amanda iam a breeder of jack russell terriers and i also show these little guys iam a little confused at the moment i have a 9month old bitch puppy and she keeps licking her backside and when she does her back goes into this humping motion is this is a sign that she is comeing into heat.She hasnt had her 1st season yet.I know some much on the breed but this is my first jack russell bitch as iam used to having all males.
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-09-2007, 11:03 PM
Hi and welcome.

I'm confused also.

You said you are a JRT Breeder and then say this is your first bitch !!!

You have also posted another thread telling people they can ask you for advice !!!

Don't mean to sound harsh, but how can you offer advice if you have never owned a bitch and don't know the signs of a season, as a breeder ???

Anyway, I've never heard of those signs of a dog coming into season, but I'm sure someone else will be alone who recognises your dogs actions.

SarahJ
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-09-2007, 11:13 PM
You need to be a bit more precise do you mean a polite way of saying backside is indeed her vulva?

In any case i would say keep her away from your males shes too young to have a litter...

We bred jacks for years for working....
amandas-jacks
Dogsey Junior
Female 

20-09-2007, 09:47 PM
Hi this amanda who posted that last message was my sister iam the person who breeds these dogs,i have had many bitches and male but for some reason the bitch i have now is showing some strange signs.I KNOW SHE IS TOO YOUNG TO HAVE A LITTER
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-09-2007, 09:57 PM
So does your sister not know that you have ever owned lots of girls before ?..lol
sjpurt
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-09-2007, 07:25 AM
Originally Posted by amandas-jacks View Post
Hi this amanda who posted that last message was my sister iam the person who breeds these dogs,i have had many bitches and male but for some reason the bitch i have now is showing some strange signs.I KNOW SHE IS TOO YOUNG TO HAVE A LITTER

hi i own prts and jrts i have to say that what you hae said about the biting at the rear is wht mine hav done but in 1 of them it was the anal glades but the other 1 came into season about 2 wek later after she starter this, so yes it might be she is coming into season but could be her glands as well if you are not sure get the vet to check just to make sure hun. sorry if not much help.

sam
amandas-jacks
Dogsey Junior
Female 

21-09-2007, 07:23 PM
thanks for the last message who posted it thats helped alot we took her vets she is due for her 1st season...thanks anyway nice to see some nice people on here