Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
wendy taylor
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-07-2007, 12:14 PM

am so proud,sniff

Well my scruffy hubby took my very nervous,youngster to a show today,he had a major scare when he was a puppy,and we have not been able to show him since,so anyway, only one other turned up,and he was in same class as my boy,well partner explained the dogs fears etc,to the judge,and said he did not mind if she did not place him,we just wanted him to have the experience and to see how he felt about it all,so anyway,he allowed her to go over his face,check teeth etc,but everytime she went to go over his backend he sat down or side stepped her,but hubby was very happy with him,as he would not allow anyone to get that close to him,for over a year now,so anyway,he at the end of class,put him in the stand,and judge gave him first then BOB,hubby was a bit embarressed and said that was not necessary,but judge said, definitely the better dog,and that we really should do more with him,as stunner etc,so anyway,as partner was leaving the ring,other person with dog,yelled at him "that should'nt have been allowed,and that she will be complaining to Kennel Club",Steve just said "whatever",and walked away,he did say to judge afterwards,that he did not want to make him go into the group as he really is not up to that and judge understood completely,which was nice,but why oh,why do people have to be soo mean,
ruined what would have been a nice day,not the win,but actually our dog allowing someone to go over him,without his going into full blown panic and trying to escape,so its kind of made me really want to get him right,so we can show them a thing or two now,grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Wendy
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-07-2007, 12:26 PM
Moronic plonkers, Wendy. Just ignore them, hon xox
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-07-2007, 12:30 PM
Some people are just bad sports. Congratulations.
Becky
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-07-2007, 12:38 PM
What shouldn't have been allowed? That the better dog won????
I think you'll find that it is YOU, not her, that has the right to complain to the Kennel Club - about bad manners/ sportsmanship!
Very well done, keep it up!
dori-katie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-07-2007, 12:53 PM
They were only angry because they didn't win.

Well done to your baby
1st
wendy taylor
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-07-2007, 03:02 PM
Thanks guys,you've sent me all tearly,it was such a big moment for us that he was allowing a stranger to touch him,with no real fear,we have been working really hard with him,taking him everywhere with us,boot sales,small shows,anything,local shops and back,it really was a momentous occasion,hahahaha
thanks again for your kind words,
Wendy
CLMG
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-07-2007, 03:09 PM
Sound like a bad case of the green eyed monster if you ask me, what a bad looser, but hey, well done. congrats on your babys first place. :smt041 :smt041 :smt041
leospride
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-07-2007, 03:12 PM
Well I for one wouldn't have been annoyed if your dog was better than mine We've all been there with nervous puppies, so just enjoy it for what it was - YOUR day
And Congratulations by the way
wendy taylor
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-07-2007, 03:12 PM
Thank you,am sat here really smug,with his rosette on wall behind computer,hahaha anyone would think we had never shown before,
Wendy
wendy taylor
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-07-2007, 03:15 PM
snigger Leospride,he's nearly two years now,we pulled him from the ring at eight months,because a judge had really terrified him,we truly never thought we would get him back in the ring,
Wendy
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >