Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Cadi
Dogsey Junior
Female 

29-09-2013, 08:22 PM

Confessions!

So I figured this can be a fun topic! What confessions, or embarrassing thoughts, or just anything you would never admit, do you have when it comes to dogs?

And please! There will be no judgement!

I can start us off: so I really like symmetry, or even when something is asymmetrical I still like 'patterns'. I admit that when I see a dog whose patterns or colors don't seem 'right', no matter how much I like him I still feel this itch to correct his colors!

For example there is this tricolored dog, beautiful look, decent temperament, all black back but...there is this one white spot, a bit bigger than a half dollar coin, above and to the left of her pelvis. It bothers me so much for some reason! I keep wanting to paint it black! Its like seeing a crooked painting, its frustrating!

What about you guys? C'mon! Spill!
Caramel
Dogsey Junior
Female 

29-09-2013, 08:25 PM
Okay, I have one too:

When I touch other peoples' dogs I feel the urge to wash my hands afterwards. But I don't feel that urge when stroking mine

Also ... I don't like smelly dogs
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2013, 08:38 PM
I have a total obsession with dogs eyes If I see any gunk or tear stains around them,I really want to get in there and clean them Bothers me so much
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2013, 08:40 PM
Originally Posted by Eileen Duffy View Post
I have a total obsession with dogs eyes If I see any gunk or tear stains around them,I really want to get in there and clean them Bothers me so much
Hehe.

I'm not keen on exceptionally skinny legged dogs. My friend has a toy Manchester terrier staying with her at the moment....I keep imagining the sound of of one of its legs snapping in an accident.
BlueJay
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2013, 09:00 PM
I'm the same there!

Double coated dogs when they are shedding and look all scraggly... I just want to pull it out! My old lab/gsd/collie would blow her coat and I'd sit there for hours just pulling out chunk after chunk after chunk... and it never seemed to go at all
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2013, 09:09 PM
Originally Posted by BlueJay View Post
I'm the same there!

Double coated dogs when they are shedding and look all scraggly... I just want to pull it out! My old lab/gsd/collie would blow her coat and I'd sit there for hours just pulling out chunk after chunk after chunk... and it never seemed to go at all
Yep I'm the same with that. Dewi my family's GSDXCOLLIEXLURCHER used to get those tufts and I was always pulling the out.
Caramel
Dogsey Junior
Female 

29-09-2013, 09:20 PM
Oh yes!! Me too ... I just came back from dog sitting two old dogs ..well.. they have had their nails clipped and their ears and eyes cleaned by me
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2013, 09:24 PM
Originally Posted by Caramel View Post
Oh yes!! Me too ... I just came back from dog sitting two old dogs ..well.. they have had their nails clipped and their ears and eyes cleaned by me
I hope you washed your hands
Caramel
Dogsey Junior
Female 

29-09-2013, 09:36 PM
I hope you washed your hands
several times in the process and after ... they were quite smelly, too

erm.. they = the dogs, not my hands
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2013, 09:46 PM
Bella has the cleanest eyes in Cyprus! Cotton wool pads and her under my arm EVERY time we come home. I can't stand seeing even a speck of dust near her eyes and she loves me cleaning them. She had a weepy eye a week or so ago and I was DISTRAUGHT! But it wasn't anything like some I see on a lot of other dogs! And PAWS too I like to keep her paws clean and if I don't she washes them obsessively.

Catrina
I'm not keen on exceptionally skinny legged dogs. My friend has a toy Manchester terrier staying with her at the moment....I keep imagining the sound of of one of its legs snapping in an accident.
Better not get near Bella then - I call them her little skinny skeleton legs!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >