Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Archiebongo
Dogsey Junior
Female 

23-08-2010, 04:43 PM

Ceramic Clipper blade split in 2!

HI everyone,

IK bought some ceramic clipper blades recently (either crufts this year or last! can't rememeber!) and went to use one the other day to discover that it's split in 2.

Has anyone else come across this? I have 2 setters and the clippers are only used for light trimming (necks and top of ears), so they haven't been abused. Just wondering if it's worth paying out for the ceramics again!

Jill
Blu
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-08-2010, 06:11 PM
I've never had a problem with blades but my actual clippers have broke. Had to do some begging for a show at the weekend! Must be the time of the year for grooming stuff to break because a few people I know have got broken dryers etc now
Archiebongo
Dogsey Junior
Female 

23-08-2010, 07:53 PM
Originally Posted by Blu View Post
I've never had a problem with blades but my actual clippers have broke. Had to do some begging for a show at the weekend! Must be the time of the year for grooming stuff to break because a few people I know have got broken dryers etc now

lol! thankfully had a spare blade, but it could do with sharpening! annoying really as can't remember where or when I bought it but have the sneaky feeling that it was crufts this year!
justdogs
New Member!
Male 

02-06-2015, 09:00 PM
Ceramic by nature is a bit more fragile than metal but unless the blades are dropped you shouldn't have any problems,