Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
flowisp
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2007, 09:42 PM

What to feed my puppy??? Please help!!!

Hello there, I have a 10 week old border collie cross puppy! She is extremely boisterous! I feed her at 7am, 12pm nd 5pm puppy biscuits (pedigree chum) and buthcers meat mixed together. Is this enough? Does she need another meal? She isnt underweight but with her being so energetic I dont want to under feed her!

Please help

Thanks
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2007, 09:44 PM
Personally I would find a good quality complete (not chum or bakers) and feed her that. A lot of the cheaper brands in the shops have large amounts of artificial additives or sugar and salt in them. They also tend to use cheaper quality graded ingredients.
Becky
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2007, 09:46 PM
I also have a collie cross who is always on the go. we tried a few of the complete foods before settling on Burns. this was the one she preferred. Pet shops(independent) will often give you samples to try out at home to see what your dog likes.
ebrcknrdg
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-05-2007, 09:47 PM
Personally i tend to use chicken, rice, pasta, green veg, fish (salmon, sadines, pichards) minced meat, liver, heart, kidney. Mixed in with some complete biscuits. I dont really use dog food as minnie isnt that keen so i tend to give her scraps of what we have and the above
flowisp
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2007, 09:48 PM
Thank you, I shall try burns, I have never heard of it before though, where could I get it from?
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2007, 09:51 PM
Most pet shops should be able to order it in for you, but try a sample first, don't want to buy a big bag and find she doesn't like it!
Becky
Evie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2007, 11:06 PM
Have a look on here;
http://www.shop.burns-pet-nutrition.co.uk/
You can email them for some samples and they usually give you a £5 off voucher as well.
Meganrose
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2007, 11:26 PM
Some good advice given already but just to add that personally at 10 week old I would still have mine on 4 feeds a day. Have you been given a diet sheet and advice re' worming and inoculations, exercise, socialization, training and so on? If not theres plenty of advice on here or you could read it on the burns web (or other) site or get a good book to guide you. Let us know how you get on XX
sjpurt
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-05-2007, 09:43 AM
my 10wk old lab pup is on beta puppy/junior adn he loves that he is very lively as well and his weight is good you could try that one if you want p@h do it.

hope you find a good food for your baby.

sam
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-05-2007, 10:03 AM
I was about to say the same, a 10 week old pup should really still be on 4 meals a day, a good complete food I would recommend Arden Grange, Burns is a good food but I find it doesn't put the weight on to a growing pup.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >