Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
MazY
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

22-04-2007, 09:13 PM
I've just learned:

DB Unleashed is a follow-up show looking at how previous clients have progressed eight months on.
sjpurt
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-04-2007, 07:31 AM
i have got it all set to recored it as i will be out. will look forward to watching it thanks
bobbles
Dogsey Junior
Female 

23-04-2007, 09:22 AM
When out walking my Staff last week, i met a lady with four dogs, all were various X breeds, we got chatting and I was telling her the only thing I cannot stop my Staff from doing was jumping up at people, she said oh you need to do this she called all the dogs over to her including mine told them all to sit and wait she produced a biscuit out of her pocket and held it in the air , my Staff jumped to grab it and as she did this the lady wacked my Staff hard accross the face sending her rolling to the ground she was really taken aback by this and coward away with her tail between her legs, this Lady told be she trained the Mic Martin way off Dog Borstal I was in complete shock as well, it just goes to show how people view these shows differently, she obviously took his no nonsence approach to dog training a bit to far by wacking her dogs
Animal
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-04-2007, 11:10 AM
Cool I will be watching it too, it should be quite interesting.

Bobbles, what a horrible woman, and your poor staffie If anyone hit my dog like that, I don't think I could be responsible for my actions. Big hugs to your staffie, I hope it hasn't affected her too badly.
Wysiwyg
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-04-2007, 12:07 PM
Originally Posted by bobbles View Post
........I was telling her the only thing I cannot stop my Staff from doing was jumping up at people, she said oh you need to do this she called all the dogs over to her including mine told them all to sit and wait she produced a biscuit out of her pocket and held it in the air , my Staff jumped to grab it and as she did this the lady wacked my Staff hard accross the face sending her rolling to the ground she was really taken aback by this and coward away with her tail between her legs,
Good grief - what sort of person does that to any dog, let alone a dog belonging to a complete stranger!! Was she a dog trainer do you know, or a pet owner?

How did you deal with her after that out of interest?

this Lady told be she trained the Mic Martin way off Dog Borstal I was in complete shock as well, it just goes to show how people view these shows differently, she obviously took his no nonsence approach to dog training a bit to far by wacking her dogs
I doubt if even Mic Marten would set a dog up like that and I'd like to think he'd be angry if he saw this happen. I really hope she's got him quite wrong. If she means she uses the methods Mic Marten uses as in, Koehler, then yes I suppose you could in a roundabout way say she uses the same methods.

I hope your dog is OK and back to her normal self? :smt001

Wys
x
bobbles
Dogsey Junior
Female 

23-04-2007, 01:20 PM
I was in shock at the time ,she told me I was too soft with Bobbles, after I just put Bobbles back on her lead and walked away from her, sorry i'm not a one for confrontation i know now I should of said something but I just wanted to get away from her, this was the first time I'd met this lady and I hope I don't bump into her again, she did tell me that everyone avoided her and her dogs now I know why
Wysiwyg
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-04-2007, 01:38 PM
Originally Posted by bobbles View Post
she did tell me that everyone avoided her and her dogs now I know why
Yes I can see why too!!!

Wys
x
fayemond
Dogsey Junior
Female 

24-04-2007, 02:42 PM
Blimey Bobbles i'm so shocked at that woman.... i can assure you Mic Martin has his ways but that is definatly not one of them.
I spent 4 days with Mic on DB and he showed both my dog, all the other Borstal 'inmates' and his own dogs who were there too nothing but care and respect.
He was always midfull of the dogs wellbeing, yes he is firm but not violent.
I do hope your staff is ok, Mic taught me to be able to stop Taz from jumping by using the 'no' command (and holding my finger up), then say sit and then treat for being a good boy.

Now i only say 'No'. Bit different to park woman.
bobbles
Dogsey Junior
Female 

24-04-2007, 03:34 PM
Hi Fayemond, it just goes to show how different people see different things when watching these shows, she obviously took his firmness a bit to far.
It has been a long battle trying to stop her from jumping up at people, she's getting alot better, thats her only fault everything else she's perfect, will try the finger as well as no let you know how I get on
AJL
Dogsey Junior
Male 

24-04-2007, 04:17 PM
Unleashed hey... should be interesting to see which ones they picked. Wonder if it is Mics dogs only though?
Page 44 of 45 « First < 34 41 42 43 44 45 >