View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Archer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-12-2005, 04:38 PM
We don't normally do 'new year' either BUT we are soooo glad to be seeing the back end of our 'annus horribilus(sp?)' that we are just going out to our local boozer to see the new year in in the hope that it brings us better fortune! ROLL ON 2006!!!!!!
Mel
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-12-2005, 04:42 PM
LOL Well, I can see why in that case
Lorraine(bws)
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-12-2005, 06:25 PM
well here we have presents AGAIN in peterhead its always been tradition that the santie pressies are on new years eve , as we all know here santa goes to england at xmas and here in scotland on new years eve as he has to rest his reindeers lol . ( its really because the fishing boats tie up for new year so dads are usually home then ) and as the largest fishing port in europe guess thats why santa comes here on new years eve . and we are also planning going to a street party in aberdeen the proclaimers and several other bands are there to take in the new year
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-12-2005, 06:31 PM
my new years eve plans are we are having a big party for my son gareth he wil be 7 on that day and all my family come down for his birthday and to celebrate the new year also its a fair well party as well my nephew is leaving for iraq and my other nephew is being posted as well so its going to be a happy and sad time but a happy one all round
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

27-12-2005, 06:32 PM
sounds like a great night Lorraine

we are just staying in as usual saving the pennies til we go away for the weekend on the 6th.
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-12-2005, 06:54 PM
lasty year we did trafalgar square,but it was the most horrendos crush,i coulnt move count breath,was very paniccy,so def NOT doing that this year,dont fancy having an angina attack inthe middle of that lot also my brother almost got stabbed by a drunk luckily the police where on hand and the man was arrested, so will stay indoors this year and watch it on the tv instead getting too old for all that.ill leave it for the younger ones (now wobbles off on her zimmerframe )
Sweep
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-12-2005, 04:55 PM
Weather looks like it will decide for us...............stay in
Jules1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-12-2005, 05:09 PM
My OH sings in a rock band called V8. So he is playing New Years eve.
Quite nice going out & getting paid for it!
Don't know why but i hate new years eve
mand p
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-12-2005, 05:17 PM
Working...again

Probably won't finish service til after 11pm...I'll have been in work from 10am making sure everyone else gets a good night, and NO extra pay either
And yes..I am VERY bitter
ooee
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-12-2005, 05:37 PM
Originally Posted by bens mum
lasty year we did trafalgar square,but it was the most horrendos crush,i coulnt move count breath,was very paniccy,so def NOT doing that this year,dont fancy having an angina attack inthe middle of that lot also my brother almost got stabbed by a drunk luckily the police where on hand and the man was arrested, so will stay indoors this year and watch it on the tv instead getting too old for all that.ill leave it for the younger ones (now wobbles off on her zimmerframe )
Hey Bens Mum, if you want to see the fireworks without getting squashed or stabbed , try primrose hill or parliament hill, you can see a lot of the London skyline from there and all the fireworks down in central! We went to P H last year and it was really good!
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >