View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
katyb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2005, 12:26 PM
max had that same restriciton. unfortunately i think people who have got no patience go for the easy way of buying a pup from one of these places rather than waiting on a list with a good breeder
Footybird11
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-03-2005, 12:45 PM
My pup has a KC ban I think but I aint got no papers to prove that she is. As I doon't think she is KC reg!?
snazy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

22-03-2005, 10:59 PM
There are a lot of pups in my breed sold with a breeding restriction.

It makes sure people are sure they want to have a litter for the right reasons, not just to get their money back!

It makes sure the owners talk to the breeder so they can be steared towards a suitable stud (not the local dog)

It makes sure that the dog has had all the relevant health tests for the breed

It makes sure the dog is the correct age to breed from

It makes sure the dog is of suitable breed type

It is usually done by breeders who care about their breed and don't want it to be turned into a bred for profit breed or to fall into the hands of puppy farmers.

I have a litter due next month and they will be endorsed for the above reasons.
shalocaboxers
Dogsey Junior
Female 

22-03-2005, 11:37 PM
Our litter has just been registered with the breeding and export endorsements placed on each pup.

I've done it for the reasons Snazzy has stated in the post above.
I've also done years of research into pedigrees and such like, and due to this have got 2 cracking boxers who have produced 5 smashing pups.
I don't want, what is in all intents and purposes, "my line" messed up by someone who thinks it would be really nice to have some pups.
I have no objections to having the endorsements removed at a later date...but it really would be on MY terms.

It might seem selfish to some people, but there really is enough bad breeding out there without adding to the scenario.
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2005, 11:42 PM
All my pups go with breeding and export restrictions! But I do state in the puppy sales contract that I am happy to lift the breeding restrictions only once the dog/bitch has reached 2 years of age not before and after all relevant health checks are done and I have seen all papers to prove the results
Roxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

23-03-2005, 08:24 AM
Thanx guys I understand now.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2