Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-01-2005, 12:12 AM
i agree, so i shall have them done as normal :
thanx for all the info guys, you were wonderful as always
Christine
Dogsey Veteran

05-01-2005, 08:33 AM
Ok folks, don`t know what to say or where to start on this one so I`ll start at the begining & try to keep it short.

I don`t booster, haven`t done for over 3yrs now, well it`ll be 4 in a few mths! I also had a litter of pups in may last yr & I didn`t vaccinate any of them. AND I`m not mad believe you me.....well only sometimes
Nearly 4yrs ago I had a litter of pups, they were all vaccinated by the vet at my home at 8wks of age with first puppy vax, 24hrs later 1 pup started going down with what was an horrendous disease. 3wks later & the rest started going down with what was positvely identified as parvo. The disease was caused by the vax, which also failed to prevent them getting parvo.

Since then I have done much research & read all the articles/research I can find on vaccinations, the adverse reactions they can cause, immune system & the inter relationship between them before I made the decision not to vaccinate my dogs anymore.
One of the things I did find out is that there is no scientific evidence to justify the practice of yearly boosters.
I can give you links to lots of articles & what little scientific research that has been done on animal vaccines by experts, who say that boosters are not necessary!
Intervet, one of the vaccine manufacturers tells you that their vaccines are only needed every 2/3yrs.
Insurers usually only won`t cover you for any disease that occurs that there is a vaccine not used for. They still cover for all the other things.
Kennels need to know that by insisting on yearly boosters they are going against the manufactures guidlines, (thats if your vet uses Intervet vax) & will they be responsible for doing that????
If anyone wants to read the articles let me know & I`ll put the links to them on
Christine.
Naomi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-01-2005, 08:39 AM
AS Jas is a PAT dog he has to have his booster's BUT Pets As Therapy has now allowed dogs who are 'holistically' treated to enter the scheme.

It is a pain to have Jas vaccinated every year but it's for the safety of those he visits and for himself.
Christine
Dogsey Veteran

05-01-2005, 08:42 AM
Staffy I think you mean homeopathic nosodes?
I read last year they will allow them instead of boosters
Christine.
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-01-2005, 08:42 AM
i go along with my vets opinion that modern day vaccines last in the system for up to 3 years so I booster every other year ...i have lost a pup after it's 8 week jab a few years ago and nearly lost Bonnie who was very ill after hers.......Christine i too have looked into this please post what info you have as it's good for us all to see....... I am lucky my vet is honest not all of them are when it comes to money...
Christine
Dogsey Veteran

05-01-2005, 08:48 AM
Inca, sometimes it`s not just the money. A lot of(if not all!) vet teaching universities are sponsored by the pharmceutical companies & I believe they ARE biased

It will take me a bit of time to gather them all so it`ll probably be a few hrs time as I`ve got to do the dogs etc in a bit
Christine.
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-01-2005, 08:56 AM
but vets do get paid to give jabs.....thats what i meant...just imagine the amount of money spent each year by loving owners doing things not always needed......I mean years ago the vet charged me nearly £50 to tell me my dogs had the runs !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I already knew that LOL
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-01-2005, 09:03 AM
My dogs just get the lepto booster yearly and the full booster every 3 years. Puppies need their puppy course, then next year the full booster, but from then on just the lepto yearly and full booster every 3 years..........but this only applies if your dogs have been given the Intervet vaccine, the kennels we use accepts this too.
Murphy
Almost a Veteran
Female 

05-01-2005, 09:18 AM
I think it depends on your lifestyle and whether you kennel your dogs etc -I've read alot of Christines stuff about Noseodes and titre testing etc but the bottom line for me is my kennel won't accept them so mine have boosters
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

05-01-2005, 09:21 AM
O dear I knew when I replied to this post Christine would come with her details and I do not for a moment contradict them, indeed as an " organic user absolutely against anything GM or not required" much of what has been published on boosters not being needed makes perfect sence to me, but looking at my individual circumstances and taking into account the opinion of a vet whom I have known for many years, when asked would I have a have my dogs booster done in all conscience I have to say yes. Maybe with the next dog I will do things differently but with an elderly frail dog used to one regime I dare not risk doing otherwise
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »