Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
animal-lover
Dogsey Junior
Female 

24-07-2010, 07:36 PM
Originally Posted by DevilDogz View Post
Go and find some threads on the Northen Inuit... Thats even worse than the doodles!
Beautiful dogs just like doodles.
Elmo
Dogsey Junior
Male 

24-07-2010, 07:37 PM
Maybe you have had more experience then me, show me where I said different?
I havent said Im authority either?
I havent said you are uninformed? what Is wrong with people seeing what they want from a post

I have been around rescue DD's and fosters. I have seen the mess, the tempermant problems, the skin problems (when choosing to cross a hairless), I have seen the structure problems ect! I have seen enough to know that alot of DD breeders havent thought twice about the two breeds their crossing.. Ohh yes sorry they have thought twice... about the freaking name they will give them
So you do the same again... assume no one else has seen the "mess"... sorry but many of us have. Your posts assumes that there is something deeply abhorrent and crossing two dogs but give no explanation other than some wild baseless comment about them all ending up in rescues.
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-07-2010, 07:38 PM
Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
A "recognised breed" means nothing other than they have a recorded history based only on information provided by the breeder.

Based on years of breeding for a purpose - traits come through as those have been selectively bred for....

So there are KC dogs that are guaranteed not to shed? Most allergies are not caused by hair and most people don't by crosses to avoid allergic reaction.

I am aware of this.....but these crosses are marketed at Hypoallergenic!

Some poodles were bred as retrievers and mainly only for water. Many other breeds do this just as well. I love Poodles but they have no more of a purpose than other dogs / breeds / crosses etc.
Do you honestly believe that dogs have no purpose?
Elmo
Dogsey Junior
Male 

24-07-2010, 07:38 PM
Originally Posted by Blu View Post
What questions have been raised? I'm not risking getting banned giving answers on questions about why I don't like certain types of dogs etc. Don't want to be giving out childish insults!
I aksed a load of questions about other breeds. I raised questions about the Mexican Hairless and it was (as usual) just skipped over.

Also about the worth of KC and registration and about health testing...

... not as much fun as wild sweeping baseless comments about my dog though
Laura-Anne
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-07-2010, 07:39 PM
Tbh i dont know much about the NI so couldnt say. Dont really want to look up on dogs being slated I dont like it, as Ive said before its the irresponsible breeders and prospective owners that need correction imo. any dog can excel in the right hands but as I say I have no knowledge of NI's so dont know if thats the case with them but would assume so.
Elmo
Dogsey Junior
Male 

Originally Posted by Tassle View Post
As companions.
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

I'll re-phrase.... how many of the arguments are started....
These threads are started knowing the feeling around the forum. I would class that as starting the argument.
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-07-2010, 07:40 PM
So you do the same again... assume no one else has seen the "mess"... sorry but many of us have. Your posts assumes that there is something deeply abhorrent and crossing two dogs but give no explanation other than some wild baseless comment about them all ending up in rescues.
Im not assuming no one else has seen the mess.. With the amount of them that end up In rescue Im 100% sure their are hundreds more dog owners that have seen the mess.

So you have seen the mess for the DD crosses. Yet you still planned to breed ?? Ok. I persume you have as you say 'many of us have'.

I dont agree with cross breeding, unless Its for the betterment of the breed for example the dalmation out crossing programme.

I have made NO comment about them 'all' ending up In rescue! Mr word twister
Elmo
Dogsey Junior
Male 

24-07-2010, 07:40 PM
Originally Posted by Tassle View Post
And sorry but "traits" were guesswork... when the breeds you support were founded there was no testing and not DNA... the breeds were developed by luck and think of the hundreds of dogs that didn't benefit from a lucky decision.
Elmo
Dogsey Junior
Male 

24-07-2010, 07:42 PM
Im not assuming no one else has seen the mess.. With the amount of them that end up In rescue Im 100% sure their are hundreds more dog owners that have seen the mess.

So you have seen the mess for the DD crosses. Yet you still planned to breed ?? Ok. I persume you have as you say 'many of us have'.

I dont agree with cross breeding, unless Its for the betterment of the breed for example the dalmation out crossing programme.

I have made NO comment about them 'all' ending up In rescue! Mr word twister

You must have a monopoly on doodle mess (and I thought that was my back garden). Sorry I bow to your expertise.

So they don't end up in rescue... so explain "mess" then!!
Page 16 of 53 « First < 6 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 26 > Last »