View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
jake
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2005, 12:04 PM
Yes I love staffies Hamstaff so please no-one think my message is aimed at the breed. I have seen irresponsible owners of every type of dog My annoyance is at the woman only. I don't know what is happening to our society people dont teach their dogs, their children, or seem to have any respect for each other anymore I must add though the majority of dog walkers we meet are loveley and their are also plenty of parents out there that do bring their children up brilliantly it just seems to be a minority that ruin it
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2005, 12:13 PM
Originally Posted by tuti
stupid question coming up:.... WHY THE HELL CAN'T PEOPLE KEEP AGGRESSIVE DOGS ON A LEAD IN A PARK FULL OF OTHER DOGS??? :smt071
Yes - why can't they!! I am so sorry to hear of this incident with your dear little Archie. I cannot understand this as I have never heard of a dog attacking a puppy, especially when they roll over in submission that other dog must have been very aggressive to do this.

Don't listen to a word he says about aggression with Archie, it's the way you bring them up, nothing to do with the breed imo! Hope you don't meet him again when you're out with Archie - steer clear of him! Poor little Archie, what a fright.
Hayley SBT
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2005, 12:41 PM
poor baby, glad hes ok now!!!
mitch
Almost a Veteran
Female 

26-05-2005, 01:00 PM
Awwww poor Archie I'm glad he's ok

Mitch
ooee
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2005, 01:32 PM
Thanks for the moral support You guys are great

Actually Joanne I was thinking about this earlier, and maybe now he'll stop and think before saying hi to every single dog we meet on a walk
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2005, 02:39 PM
Originally Posted by jake
I had an incident with a woman yesterday with a staffordshire bull terrier. I love staffies by the way I hate owners who don't control their dogs. I put Jake on the lead as I didn't know her the staffie ran up to jake and grabbed him by the neck, I always carry a bottle of water with me (vets advice) I poured the water over the staffie who promptly jumped with the shock and ran away. The owner cussed and sweared at me, I infomed her by law she is required to keep her dog under control at all times if she is not capable of doing so she should keep him on the lead. She told me if I wanted to keep my dog on the lead I should keep him in my back garden and not take him out. I informed her again of the law and asked her if Jake had been a rotweiller would she have been so quick to let her staffie run up to him: I think not. By this time I couldn't be bothered arguing anymore with her and she was cussing and swearing so I used my mobile phone to take a picture of her and her dog and I have passed the info on to the appropriate authorities not that they will do anything about it I expect!!

So Tuti my run in was not as calm as yours if anyone does anything to Jake the lioness instinct in me takes over. I am very glad Archie is fine carry a bottle of water at all times it works on the dog and I was very very tempted to use it on the owner as well

its not just you...my staffie was attacked by a yorkie and the woman had the cheek to blame it on my dog coz "its one of those dangerous dogs that!" she the proceeded to tell me that if her dog was injured she would make sure my baby was put down!!!! i cant repeat what i said to her...as soon as a dog comes into view my staffie goes straight onto the lead mainly because of people like her!!!!
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3