View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
suecurrie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-04-2011, 06:04 PM
Funnily enough I was back at the dentist this afternoon at 3.00 pm for three fillings and was in the chair for just over an hour I was sh..ting myself all day but all done now but still very numb on the left side of my mouth. Back next Friday for two extractions at the back and then all I have is the hygienist couple of weeks after that. I can't believe it is nearly all over and I am now £3000 poorer
Still at least I don't look like an old witch now when I smile
suecurrie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-04-2011, 06:08 PM
Originally Posted by Kerryowner View Post
I am back from my foray to the dentist this afternoon. I had a scale and a filling needed replacing. The worse bit wasn't what I thought it would be-the injection, but the scaling-ooh!

I got my own back though as when I did the rinsey-out bit at the end I accidentally kept spitting the water out on the floor instead of the basin as my mouth was so numb and I didn't seem able to direct the water to the right place!
There was a big puddle on the floor I noticed when I walked out
You messy person What do they do when they scale?
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-04-2011, 06:11 PM
Ooooh you are really going through it at the moment
When it's all done I think we should have a picture of your shiney toothy grin
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-04-2011, 06:19 PM
Originally Posted by suecurrie View Post
Funnily enough I was back at the dentist this afternoon at 3.00 pm for three fillings and was in the chair for just over an hour I was sh..ting myself all day but all done now but still very numb on the left side of my mouth. Back next Friday for two extractions at the back and then all I have is the hygienist couple of weeks after that. I can't believe it is nearly all over and I am now £3000 poorer
Still at least I don't look like an old witch now when I smile
Blooming 'eck Sue, that's some serious dental work you must have had done there Have you had laminates like Katie Price then???

I hope your abcess is better Dizzi, I know the pain only too well! I once had a face which looked like I'd done a few rounds with Mike Tyson, so swollen it closed up one of my eyes, now that was painful! I've spent my entire life suffering abcesses, hence the reason I had most of the back ones extracted, I'm now painfree coz the single teeth seem fine!
suecurrie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-04-2011, 06:38 PM
[QUOTE=Helena54;2245390]Blooming 'eck Sue, that's some serious dental work you must have had done there Have you had laminates like Katie Price then???

No just lots of treatment as I hadn't been for about 12 years so if you spread that £3000 over the 12 years it is not too bad Now on the other hand my sister last year spent £13000 on hers in Harley Street

Also hope you are now pain free
Dizzi.
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-04-2011, 06:44 PM
Originally Posted by suecurrie View Post
You messy person What do they do when they scale?
I don't know as I can't see what they're up to inside my mouth but it feels like someone is running a nail file up and down each tooth!
suecurrie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-04-2011, 06:51 PM
Originally Posted by Kerryowner View Post
I don't know as I can't see what they're up to inside my mouth but it feels like someone is running a nail file up and down each tooth!
Ooh - don't like the sound of that. I suppose that is something I will have to endure with the hygienist. Something to look forward to
Ollies mum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-04-2011, 07:06 PM
Thanks for all your replies-even reading them has sent shivers down my spine!!
Youve all been very brave
Glad you are all on the way to a happy smile.
Maureen
Heather and Zak
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-04-2011, 07:56 PM
Still havent got my lovely smile as my dentist is on a 3 week holiday but I go back on the 5th May to have an impression taken. So I think I won't be smiling until about 3 weeks time. I was told today that a few people have not been happy with the dentures from her, so I am just going to see how the next lot turn out and if I am not happy I will be having them done privately with another dentist, no matter what the cost.
dizzi
Almost a Veteran
Female 

02-05-2011, 11:15 AM
I've finally had mine done - basically a lot of it she's had to bodge on top of old filling because there's so little tooth left (my back teeth are wrecked). Still a lingering dull ache on the major source of the pain which was right down to the nerve but it seems to be getting less and less as the days go on.

The other side will start hurting in a month or so - I never get a long break from tooth pain.
Page 12 of 13 « First < 2 9 10 11 12 13 >