View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-10-2012, 08:55 AM
I had one of those, didn't choose it though. She was very blonde!

rune
Jet&Copper
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-10-2012, 09:10 AM
Originally Posted by tazer View Post
Re other breeds:
I've a soft spot for wolf grey Estrela's preferably dark, with or without brindling, also like the short coats in general. As well as the blues.

I'm another who prefers dark sable, solid black and bicolour GSD's, quite like the blues too. Not so keen on liver and white just doesn't do it for me, though that's more white dogs in general. Really dont care for the panda shepherds, not my thing at all now.

Prefer the red golden retrievers, that goes for yellow labs as well, much prefer the fox red ones to the lighter shades.

Like the tricoloured Beauceron's and red and white BC's tricoloured and blue merl smooths., actually they go for BC's too.
I really like the fox red colouring of my two's sire and like it in labs etc too
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-10-2012, 02:46 PM
[QUOTE=Munsti-Sue;2606181]
Originally Posted by Wozzy View Post
I keep coming across photos of a GSP which has very unusual markings. Usually, they have a solid coloured head, with or without a white flash but this bitch has a lightly ticked head and solid ears. I hope they dont mind me posting this photo but I think she is a stunning bitch:

That is a Braque du Bourbonnais isn't it? There are a few now in the UK from what I understand.
I see your point, it does look very much like a Bourbonnais but she is a GSP. I've seen GWP's without solid coloured heads as well.

I know there are Braque D'Auvergine's in the UK, didnt know there were Bourbonnais' too.
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-10-2012, 05:22 PM
This is my last GSP

I loved his markings.
The next one that turned up was totally different though

but I loved him too.

I think you grow to love the dog... and therefore the colour. Before Daisy I was very sniffy about long-haired GSDs, especially ones that weren`t black and tan...
but now I think she is quite beautiful

sarah1983
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-10-2012, 08:22 PM
I like odd markings and colourings better than traditional ones. Saw what looked like a liver/chocolate/whatever Rottie the other day and it was absolutely stunning. Rich chocolate colour where they're normally black and light brown where they're normally tan. No idea whether it was a pure Rottie but it certainly looked like a Rottie.

I also (don't shoot me!) love the mostly white collies although all the ones I've met have been the result of double merle breedings and have had various health issues. Would never buy one but would be drawn to rescuing one over a more traditional colour.

I've had Wolf who was white with random brown patches and a blue eye. Then there was Rupert who had some really odd markings that didn't show up on photos for some reason. He had a bunch of white hairs on his tail and more on his shoulder that made it look like he'd brushed up against wet paint. He also had long hairs hanging down off the middle of his ears and a grey strip down each ear. The grey streak got more pronounced as he got older but it was there from when I got him. Now I have a boring yellow Lab
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-10-2012, 08:52 PM
I like the mis mark collies and the white factored bu then I am biased!
floridley
Dogsey Junior
Female 

13-10-2012, 09:56 AM
I love merles with minimal white hence having these two.

Griffin has grown but also completely changed colour

Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-10-2012, 10:02 AM
Originally Posted by floridley View Post
I love merles with minimal white hence having these two.

Griffin has grown but also completely changed colour

Ooh your lurchers are GORGEOUS!
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-10-2012, 10:31 AM
Secondeed! I love the colourings.

rune
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-10-2012, 04:28 PM
I prefer natural colours over dilute ones. But with markings it varies on the dogs, even in the same type. I mean on some lurchers I prefer them solid, on others I think they look lush with a bit of white. At the same time though I don't really like white dogs, but a white Saluki came into work (I named her Spirit ) and I love her!

With me preferring natural colours though, I love the red merle, blue merle not so much. Although it does look nicer then a plain blue, which I think look washed out.
Page 7 of 8 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 >