register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
View Poll Results: How many people work?
Yes full time 25 41.67%
Yes part time 12 20.00%
Yes but my dog comes to work 4 6.67%
Not at the moment 19 31.67%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll - please see pinned thread in this section for details.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Lorna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2008, 07:25 AM

How many of us work full time with a dog?

I've been offered a job which is closer but its still a long day......

How many of you guys have dogs and work full time???

Can you tell I'm stressing......
sjpurt
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2008, 07:38 AM
i dont work hun healthy reasons, my mum works full time and her dogs are fine.
I must say there are days when i do have to be out all day and i have a dogflap so the dogs can get in and out so not in doors all day and are happy with this. hope that helps
Lorna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2008, 07:41 AM
I just don't know what to do, Icon has to leave this morning, and dogs trust don't even open until midday, I can't expect my brother to keep him, and if he even goes to my parents then he shouldn't be made to leave again, what do I do? Do I keep him, take the new job and not go to uni?
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2008, 07:46 AM
We are very lucky as Sid works from home and I only work 17.5 hrs a week and walk to work and back as it is so close.

However, both of us have worked full-time in the past and still had our dogs. There are ways to juggle it - I used to get up early and take them for a walk about 7.00am give them a good free run off-lead so they were tired and by the time I was due to leave the house at 8.30am they were ready for a kip . Then when I got back home in the afternoon they got another good walk to tire them.

We both got different days off during the week so got four days whereby one of us would be at home, leaving only three days where they were on their own during the day.

We used to let them have free run of the fully-enclosed garden with access to our garage for shelter. They had their toys and bones also. Do you have the facility to let your do something similar?

If it is a job that is closer to home, can you not nip back at lunchtime?
Vodka Vixen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2008, 07:48 AM
I only work part time (mornings) but that had nothing to do with the dogs, it was more to do with having a young child and needing to be around for school.

However, when we had Bo and no kids both my partner and I worked fulltime and we never found it a problem.

Only you can make the decision hun but i'm sure there are loads of people on here that work fulltime.
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2008, 07:49 AM
When I work full time (which involves longer than normal days) my dogs go to a doggie day care place and have a great time. I would never leave them at home because if they could get out, I presume someone could get in, and I would worry about them being stolen. Also, they need activity around them or they would go stir crazy, at the day care they meet lots of doggie friends and plenty of people around too for them to entertain!
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2008, 08:18 AM
I work mainly part time, but my Mum cares for my two, so I can do O/T and know they're in safe hands... couldn't trust two mad hairies alone in a room for more than ooh 10mins
Oh Lorna hun, I really feel for you
Lorna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2008, 08:21 AM
Icon was going to dog creche but he has stopped doing it so I'm stuck on that one. I don't know what to do, the clock is ticking....
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2008, 08:40 AM
OH and I work full time and have no problems with the dogs...
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2008, 08:49 AM
Voted not at the moment Hun...as I am a Foster Carer, so home all day, but get paid.
However, when I worked full time at the vets, they came with me, but when went on to part-time they stayed home.

Pity your not nearer, or me to you even, I'd offer to be 'Nanny' and he could come here.

Is there no-one that is out of work by you, that would love to 'dog sit'
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >