Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-11-2006, 04:32 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Sorry to hear about timmy foxy,he is out of pain now.Don't feel bad about crying we all love our pets whatever they are and all cry when we lose them.
RIP.Timmy.
I know I just can't cope with animals dying cos they can't tell you how they feel and you don't know what to do for the best. I remember sitting with one of our dogs when she was dying - my dad wouldn't have her put to sleep and my mum said she was asking the neighbour to take her in his car cos we had no transport - whilst they were up in the bedroom arguing about it Judy died in the kitchen with me beside her - it was very sad but I was glad I was with her and it felt a more natural death than having her put to sleep - at least she died in her own house
Tom
Dogsey Senior
Male 

06-11-2006, 05:05 PM
Really sorry to hear this

RIP Timmy

Tom xxxxx
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-11-2006, 05:06 PM
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
Really sorry to hear this

RIP Timmy

Tom xxxxx
Aww thanks Tom xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-11-2006, 05:14 PM
Jan, I'm so sorry hun I've only just caught up with this thread Hugs to you

Originally Posted by Foxy View Post
I remember when the kids first guinea pig died and he was called Timmy too - all three of us sat on the rug next to him in floods of tears This time its just me that cried the kids couldn't care less
I imagine the kids do care. They have thier own way of dealing with things. Maybe the reality of it all hasn't sunk in yet

Night, night Timmy

xxxx
mutthouse
Almost a Veteran
Female 

06-11-2006, 05:40 PM
Sorry Babe i have only just seen this

Don't be too hard on yourself for caring it is a rare comodity in this cold world of ours - the kids are more resilient than us and of course it is less real to them - with my kids their Grandad has just passed but they seem to have bounced straight back whilst i'm still falling into occasional deep puddles of despair , and yes it is omparable when we love the animals as part of the family then we mourn them the same way

hugs for you, a toast to piggy, and a smile for the good times xx
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-11-2006, 05:45 PM
Thanks Wolfie and Mutt

Yes Mutt my kids seemed to have soon got over their Grandma dying earlier this year - I thought they would be absolutely devastated when she died because they were both very close to her because she lived in the same house as them for 6 and 7 years. They both seemed to have coped very well with it - and Rhianna too of course although Rhianna wasn't as close to my mum as the other two were - although my mum loved her to bits but Rhianna just saw her as an old woman that was tied to an oxygen machine and couldn't play with her like her other grandma could
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-11-2006, 06:58 PM
Originally Posted by Foxy View Post
No I really don't think the vet could have done a thing for him Dawn - guinea pigs don't seem to fight - they just give up and die. He didn't have a cold or anything - I think that he must have got cold with the recent frost even though he is in the shed in a hutch with loads of hay - I used to keep him inside but I put him in a bigger hutch for the summer so he would get some sun and fresh air everyday but the frost came so quick this week and I think he must have got too cold. Its my fault cos I should have brought him in last week I have took numerous guinea pigs to the vets when they are ill and I haven't had one that has got better yet despite injections which seem to stress them out more cos they are very thin skinned and so the injection hurts more for them. I had one that started with a cold and I took it to the vets the first day it got it and the vet injected it and it seemed to be winning but then two weeks later suddenly died They are just so good at hiding when they are feeling ill that there isn't a lot you can do He wasn't really old - 3 1/2
Never mind Foxy , he was with you and thats what would of been best, with those who loved him.
Dawn.
Doggielover
Dogsey Senior
Male 

06-11-2006, 07:12 PM
So Sorry to hear that Foxy
You did the ebst for him Foxy, he's out of pain now....

Run free over the bridge little Timmy xxx
{{{{Hugs}}}}
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-11-2006, 07:12 PM
Awww mate, I'm so sorry. I've just caught this thread. Run free at the bridge little Timmy. xx
BrandieSnap
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-11-2006, 01:58 AM
Oh no I've just seen this Foxy. I'm so sorry At least he didn't suffer for long. Poor little thing. i hope you are ok

xx
Page 6 of 7 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 >