View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
ellenlouise
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-10-2006, 09:37 PM
Oh wow just seen picture. I just love there little tails. I am in love!
Zoundz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-10-2006, 01:08 AM
the boys:

the girls:

runty with her sister...

annnndd....

an essex? ???? any ideas?! think it's probably just a good berkshire though - it's actally impossible to have essex in this litter - unless the pretty well proven genetic theories are wrong lol - or we have a recessive essex - which would be very very very unlikely!

a couple more pics - just because they are adorable at this stage!

the ones with the headspots are definately a lighter colour i wonder if markings dilute the colour a bit perhaps? someone said they look russian silver - and while that's possible in this litter, it's very very unlikely. besides, i personally think they look too dark.. in any case - they are gorgeous!

xx
BrandieSnap
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-10-2006, 01:23 AM
Ooh they're so tiny! I can't believe how much they have changed already. They're really pretty. I've no idea about the colours, but they all look nice. I didn't know there was the possibility of having so many different varieties in one litter It must be interesting to learn all about rats.
Zoundz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-10-2006, 08:47 AM
theoretically you could have a litter where every single rat is a different colour - this is however extremely unlikely, and if it did, the babies would be dreadfully unhealthy because of all the recessives. in this litter i have some dumbo some not (because i bred dumbo to dumbo carrier, which is safer as when breeding dumbo to dumbo, over a length of time the rats lose type - and i want to breed to a dumbo next generation ) and also i have russian blue and russian dove in the litter - having researched the pedigrees to the best of my ability i wasn't expecting markings but these things happen! lol - i have since found out that there are markings in the line - but it isn't too awful - as some of these are less marked - and i'll selectively breed away from the markings

hope that makes some snese?

xx
ellenlouise
Dogsey Senior
Female 

31-10-2006, 11:45 AM
Thanks, Wow they reallyu have changed loads. They are such preety colours can't wait till there eyes open and they are running around like mad
Zoundz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-10-2006, 12:14 PM

today!

xx
IanTaylor
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

31-10-2006, 12:18 PM
Amazing Great pics
BrandieSnap
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-11-2006, 12:36 AM
They're getting huge so quickly
Must be fun waiting to see what colours they come out then Are markings undesireable then, or is it just your preference to have no/less markings?
I hope you don't mind me asking questions
Zoundz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-11-2006, 03:20 PM
i don't mind at all!

markings are undesirable for me - as i don't want to breed marked rats - although there are people who do breed marked rats (hoodeds, capped, berkshire etc). Personally i choose to breed self, and appear to have none in this litter

xx
Naomi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-11-2006, 03:26 PM
Wow they are wonderful.

Unfortuantely hubby isn't a rat lover otherwise I'd love to own a rat. Ah well I'm just gonna have to make a short journey to visit you Laura
Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >